British Speedway Forum

4 minutes ago, iainb said:

Isn't it ironic that after 20 years of TV coverage, Starting with Sky then BT Sport and finally the jokers at Eurosport it is only now in potentially the final year of the SGP coverage on BT Sport that we are finally getting the kind of in depth analysis that the coverage has been missing from the very start. It's a shame that Scott Nicholls took so long to get a shot at presenting the show and I thought he did a pretty good job. I remember watching Gary Lineker's first match of the day years ago and wooden doesn't even begin to describe it. I hope he becomes the face of Speedway on BT Sport if they continue with the SGP coverage.

Who? Gary Lineker?;)

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

Yes as Gary Lineker just doesnt earn enough money these days to make ends meet 

Needs to double up to make things pay? :D

Edited by Gambo
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Rob B said:

Eurosport had a camera at Belle Vue today, would hope they would show a few of the great races but bet they just show few snippets as usual which isn't worth the effort. 

From what they showed prior to the TV meeting tonight they really may as well not have bothered sending a camera or reporter at all

10 hours ago, iainb said:

From what they showed prior to the TV meeting tonight they really may as well not have bothered sending a camera or reporter at all

Yep that’s exactly what I knew they would do, few first bends, what’s the point. Just show 4 of the best races, would take 4 minutes. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Yep that’s exactly what I knew they would do, few first bends, what’s the point. Just show 4 of the best races, would take 4 minutes. 

It's the new in depth coverage we had been promised

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, iainb said:

Isn't it ironic that after 20 years of TV coverage, Starting with Sky then BT Sport and finally the jokers at Eurosport it is only now in potentially the final year of the SGP coverage on BT Sport that we are finally getting the kind of in depth analysis that the coverage has been missing from the very start. It's a shame that Scott Nicholls took so long to get a shot at presenting the show and I thought he did a pretty good job. I remember watching Gary Lineker's first match of the day years ago and wooden doesn't even begin to describe it. I hope he becomes the face of Speedway on BT Sport if they continue with the SGP coverage.

Eurosport have the GPs 

Just now, Falcon1983 said:

Eurosport have the GPs 

They have the staging rights, as far as I know the TV rights could be sold on, unless you've heard different I don't think it's been confirmed yet.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gambo said:

Needs to double up to make things pay? :D

He could "guest" for Scott too..

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

He could "guest" for Scott too..

Even Lineker "doubles up" for BT Sport and the Beeb :D

1 hour ago, iainb said:

They have the staging rights, as far as I know the TV rights could be sold on, unless you've heard different I don't think it's been confirmed yet.

I believe I've heard that theyve signed a long term deal and it will be aired across their network all of the speedway grand prix and other major events in speedway 

8 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

I believe I've heard that theyve signed a long term deal and it will be aired across their network all of the speedway grand prix and other major events in speedway 

They  haven`t quite said that although there is every chance they will show them in the uk it`s by no means certain as their statement says " key 3rd party broadcasters" 

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/speedway/fim-and-eurosport-events-agree-new-partnership-to-promote-speedway-globally-for-10-years_sto7917825/story.shtml

The tender process for Speedway GP rights for the UK actually finishes tomorrow 1st September 

Eurosport events are quite happy to sell the rights to another broadcaster if the money is right if not then they will feature it on their own channels and Online player.

The last I heard there was at least 3 interested parties but is complicated even more than normal as BT sport is being sold and if an existing broadcaster purchases then they may be bidding against themselves pushing the price up.

The broadcaster Speedway fans need to be wary of is DAZN as they are bidding for lots of sports rights in the UK but is only an online channel.

28 minutes ago, flagrag said:

The tender process for Speedway GP rights for the UK actually finishes tomorrow 1st September 

Eurosport events are quite happy to sell the rights to another broadcaster if the money is right if not then they will feature it on their own channels and Online player.

The last I heard there was at least 3 interested parties but is complicated even more than normal as BT sport is being sold and if an existing broadcaster purchases then they may be bidding against themselves pushing the price up.

The broadcaster Speedway fans need to be wary of is DAZN as they are bidding for lots of sports rights in the UK but is only an online channel.

All online programming can be watched on Smart TV's through their web app. or alternatively can be cast to the Smart TV or a Chromecast via a mobile, tablet or laptop etc.  So not really an issue.