British Speedway Forum

23 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

All online programming can be watched on Smart TV's through their web app. or alternatively can be cast to the Smart TV or a Chromecast via a mobile, tablet or laptop etc.  So not really an issue. 

I think the issue would be yet another separate subscription  of a new platform.....

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I think the issue would be yet another separate subscription  of a new platform.....

But you'll be ditching your BT sport subscription for DAZN, which looks at lot cheaper.  I'd be happy it all went on Eurosport then you'd only have one subscription to pay. 

2 hours ago, flagrag said:

The tender process for Speedway GP rights for the UK actually finishes tomorrow 1st September 

Eurosport events are quite happy to sell the rights to another broadcaster if the money is right if not then they will feature it on their own channels and Online player.

The last I heard there was at least 3 interested parties but is complicated even more than normal as BT sport is being sold and if an existing broadcaster purchases then they may be bidding against themselves pushing the price up.

The broadcaster Speedway fans need to be wary of is DAZN as they are bidding for lots of sports rights in the UK but is only an online channel.

All I can see DAZN have is boxing and women's football? 

And about 500 people watching the gps compared to tens of thousands on a proper channel. 

• Like 2

Also DAZN have just upped the monthly price from £1.99 to £7.99 a month and they don’t have much content at the moment. If they got PL rights you would probably be looking at £20 a month.

3 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Might do the sport a favour if not on TV at all,,, people may then go and pay to watch it 

As long as I can still watch Poland, Sweden and Denmark..;)

When I moved house I decided no more paying out to sky or cable companies for a service which I really do not use that much, I can't say I have missed not having a ton of sports and other channels to watch, the free stuff is more than enough, and I am saving well over £100 a month.

There is quite a lot of speedway on youtube, ok it might only be the odd race and not live but its free and the ones filmed with no commentary are an added bonus, just the sound of the bikes.

9 hours ago, racers and royals said:

They  haven`t quite said that although there is every chance they will show them in the uk it`s by no means certain as their statement says " key 3rd party broadcasters" 

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/speedway/fim-and-eurosport-events-agree-new-partnership-to-promote-speedway-globally-for-10-years_sto7917825/story.shtml

Just read that and none the wiser as to who will be showing GP,S.

1 minute ago, TINYS said:

Just read that and none the wiser as to who will be showing GP,S.

You need to read Flagrag’s post on the previous page- confirms what i have been saying for months.

3 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

You need to read Flagrag’s post on the previous page- confirms what i have been saying for months.

:t:

7 hours ago, chris4gillian said:

All online programming can be watched on Smart TV's through their web app. or alternatively can be cast to the Smart TV or a Chromecast via a mobile, tablet or laptop etc.  So not really an issue. 

Although it sounds easy just need to consider Speedway demographics, it’s not like just putting a channel number into your Sky or Virgin media box and also no option to record programming so watch it live or edited version on demand.

Its been reported that Matchroom Sports who moved their Boxing over from Sky to DAZN recently are very disappointed with viewing figures for their fight camp Live boxing shows they have recently done with them being 75% down to 2020 when it was on Sky Sports this in turn has meant a couple of large sponsors have pulled the plug on advertising and will instead move to BT for future events.

I would hazard a guess that if DAZN were to get Speedway’s GP series for the UK would be between 5-8k viewers if they are lucky . 

Edited by flagrag
  • Like 1

can't believe people still pay out to watch the GPs or SoN when getting a free VPN allows you to watch the official Speedway GP youtube link, missing out on the studio stuff but seeing more rider interviews

• Like 1

I just don't bother with the GPs anymore, just look at updates .....

13 hours ago, marko said:

There is quite a lot of speedway on youtube, ok it might only be the odd race and not live but its free and the ones filmed with no commentary are an added bonus, just the sound of the bikes.

Do you get your Mrs to throw mud in your face for the full experience? :rofl:

56 minutes ago, Trees said:

I just don't bother with the GPs anymore, just look at updates .....

I don't even follow the updates. I've got no interest in it at all.