British Speedway Forum

Good to see the Premiership highlights on QUEST..Especially as they show all 15 races and leave out the interviews.

Can't they make the graphics bigger? And sorry Sam, me thinks he's never been up to the TV stuff as the nerves always show. Simon Stead, Olly Allen would be good alternatives.

Josh Pickering is a natural & Jason Crump

.:t:

Scott Nicholls would be best in the pits role obviously when not riding. Never rated Crump as a commentator back when he uses to do Aussie GO  etc. Pickering was ok as a one off. Why isn’t Chris Louis being used?

1 minute ago, Rob B said:

Scott Nicholls would be best in the pits role obviously when not riding. Never rated Crump as a commentator back when he uses to do Aussie GO  etc. Pickering was ok as a one off. Why isn’t Chris Louis being used?

Because he would have been at Wolves v Ipswich as the Ipswich promoter 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Maybe because he is a Promoter in that league possibly? ..

Commenting on other teams' riders might get some negative responses from some? 

Definitely the most informative and natural of all the co commentators, and should be used often...

17 minutes ago, Marky_Mark said:

Because he would have been at Wolves v Ipswich as the Ipswich promoter 

Promoter doesn’t have to be at away meetings, most aren’t!

• Haha 1

after losing nigel it may be difficult to replace him .so they maybe testing the water to see the best options 

Sam Ermolenko should be given his own show! An hour long analysis show... comedy gold

23 hours ago, Turnip said:

Can't they make the graphics bigger? And sorry Sam, me thinks he's never been up to the TV stuff as the nerves always show. Simon Stead, Olly Allen would be good alternatives.

Josh Pickering is a natural & Jason Crump

.:t:

Good knowledge has Pickering

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iainb said:

Sam Ermolenko should be given his own show! An hour long analysis show... comedy gold

I wonder if he's interested in other sports? 

Sky's Super Sunday viewers would surely double if he joined Roy Keane and Graeme Souness in the studio. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, The Cheese said:

I wonder if he's interested in other sports? 

Sky's Super Sunday viewers would surely double if he joined Roy Keane and Graeme Souness in the studio. 

I randomly switched Sky Sports on a few years ago and was staggered to hear him commentating on some other motor sport... may have been the Race of Champions or something like that

Sam Ermolenko... the Stanley Unwin of Speedway

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, iainb said:

Make it happen......straightaway!!:t:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

After hearing Rosco co-commentating on Tuesdays match on the streaming channel im not sure who comes across more of a numpty, Rosco or Sam:)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kevin bass said:

After hearing Rosco co-commentating on Tuesdays match on the streaming channel im not sure who comes across more of a numpty, Rosco or Sam:)

At least Rosco admitted he was carp rusty!!

I see that BT Sport and Eurosport are to merge so Speedway could be disappearing behind a pay wall once again... One can only hope that they keep Sam Ermolenko on the payroll or else it may not be worth subscribing to!

• Haha 1