British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, iainb said:

Eurosport's coverage deteriorated even further last night where most of the ad-breaks were just filled with musical video montages instead of interesting extra content as was fanfared at the start of the season

need good viewing figures in order to sell advertising i suppose,its hardly going to be a popular watch is it ?

Wasnt the interesting extra content only stated for the sale of watching the GP's on the Discovery App where there are no ad breaks?

Although if it was mentioned as being part of Eurosports British Speedway coverage, in order to have extra interesting content, you would require something interesting to happen through the meeting for them to discuss. I know the sport is at the mercy of the weather and that is beyond Eurosprts control but seems every meeting they go to recently the track is in an absolutely shocking state.

Obviously the poor track on Monday lead to a much closer meeting but at times it was like watching novices ride around, a good track would have produced better racing but inevitably would have lead to a very easy win for the Wolves.

With regards an "extra" content, sadly I have to say you would require someone better than Sam to deliver it, interviews or interviews with riders about technical aspects of the bike or track should always be conducted by Brando, a consummate professional with regards interviews and has enough knowledge and interest in speedway to ask pertinent questions. Abi is a bright cheerful presenter but is no more than that and only really has to fulfil 15 mins at the start and a minute or two after each ad break. Whilst I think Kelvin has done an excellent job as main commentator I still feel he would be better suited as co commentator to Dave Rowe, may not have the same spark as him and Nigel, but Kelvin is excellent at providing insight whilst he is still learning as main commentator.

The addition this year of various co commentators from current riders though has been great I feel, with both Josh Pickering and Steve Worral being excellent in the job so far

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Peterborough v Ipswich tyres permitting on next Monday September 5th

2 lap races....? .:D

I know it’s probably been planned a while but couldn’t make it up with the timing.

Have they said if they going to Kings Lynn on 19th?

Of course it will be on because its on TV...... oh, unless the promotion looks for a dodgy weather forecast and gives the cameras' time to get to Belle Vue!  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

On 8/24/2022 at 5:24 PM, Heathcote said:

Wasnt the interesting extra content only stated for the sale of watching the GP's on the Discovery App where there are no ad breaks?

Although if it was mentioned as being part of Eurosports British Speedway coverage, in order to have extra interesting content, you would require something interesting to happen through the meeting for them to discuss. I know the sport is at the mercy of the weather and that is beyond Eurosprts control but seems every meeting they go to recently the track is in an absolutely shocking state.

Obviously the poor track on Monday lead to a much closer meeting but at times it was like watching novices ride around, a good track would have produced better racing but inevitably would have lead to a very easy win for the Wolves.

With regards an "extra" content, sadly I have to say you would require someone better than Sam to deliver it, interviews or interviews with riders about technical aspects of the bike or track should always be conducted by Brando, a consummate professional with regards interviews and has enough knowledge and interest in speedway to ask pertinent questions. Abi is a bright cheerful presenter but is no more than that and only really has to fulfil 15 mins at the start and a minute or two after each ad break. Whilst I think Kelvin has done an excellent job as main commentator I still feel he would be better suited as co commentator to Dave Rowe, may not have the same spark as him and Nigel, but Kelvin is excellent at providing insight whilst he is still learning as main commentator.

The addition this year of various co commentators from current riders though has been great I feel, with both Josh Pickering and Steve Worral being excellent in the job so far

I ER um think er Kelvin is er um a excellent er um Commentator

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I ER um think er Kelvin is er um a excellent er um Commentator

"an" excellent commentator -_-

Great GP, thought camera work could have been better in semi final, wasn’t on Dan til he started coming through, other than that ok.

On 8/3/2022 at 12:04 AM, chrismorton said:

You took the words out my mouth...Just watched it..a shambles and a farcical decision..feel for Bomber and Brennan bigtime. I can't believe people on here are slagging Tatum..I think he's a brilliant pundit and commentator, Louis is good as a sidekick for me.

Tatum often sounds totally unprepared - it's as if he forgets that riders are racing on other nights and for other teams, and/or that they're on a good/poor patch of form.

Yet again for a Belle Vue match, he said that Blodorn is the Rising Star ... rubbish.

On 8/23/2022 at 2:41 PM, Rob B said:

Why they started using CET times?

Because it's a CET sport, with GB on the fringe?