Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Trees said:

I just don't bother with the GPs anymore, just look at updates .....

When you see the repeated dross that’s served up in the GP,s this year it’s not hard to see why people are giving up on it, if going forward Eurosport put this on subscription channels I can think of a few more that won’t bother including me.

• Like 3

On 8/30/2021 at 2:45 PM, Rob B said:

Eurosport had a camera at Belle Vue today, would hope they would show a few of the great races but bet they just show feInw snippets as usual which isn't worth the effort. 

Instead of having a camera etc at non featured matches, why not use the resources, to show an extra match, to replace the rained off one?

19 hours ago, chris4gillian said:

All online programming can be watched on Smart TV's through their web app. or alternatively can be cast to the Smart TV or a Chromecast via a mobile, tablet or laptop etc.  So not really an issue. 

Forgive my technical ignorance, but would this mean you can only watch it live?, and be unable to fast forward between races? 

31 minutes ago, RS50 said:

Forgive my technical ignorance, but would this mean you can only watch it live?, and be unable to fast forward between races? 

Yes. Why wouldn't you want to watch it live though?

2 hours ago, chris4gillian said:

May have other commitments at the time of broadcast, and only wish to see the racing. 

3 hours ago, RS50 said:

I currently use Eurosport app and BT Sport app - both have an 'on demand' option to watch live matches again, after the event. And yes you can fast forward. 

Edited by Noodles
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, chris4gillian said:

I get bored watching live speedway on TV, long breaks for adverts, plus riders taking an age to get settled into their start positions for races! Watching it after means you can fast forward lots of wasted time!

• Like 6

9 hours ago, chris4gillian said:

never watch speedway on tv live chris,use sky plus and usually start watching an hour after the start time,skip adverts (and some other parts!)

• Like 1

The on board cam shows a terrific view of the handlebars! It looks like its fixed to his chin. Pretty much sums up Eurosport I'm afraid, half hearted. Also sums up UK speedway too, from Sky Sports to BT to Eurosport. 

22 hours ago, poole keith said:

never watch speedway on tv live chris,use sky plus and usually start watching an hour after the start time,skip adverts (and some other parts!)

Fair enough, we (my father and I) always watch live just like we do a footy match.

On 9/1/2021 at 4:34 PM, szkocjasid said:

I get bored watching live speedway on TV, long breaks for adverts, plus riders taking an age to get settled into their start positions for races! Watching it after means you can fast forward lots of wasted time!

Each to there own. I get the ads thing, but the rest for me is part and parcel of speedway.

On 9/1/2021 at 9:25 AM, bigcatdiary said:

When you see the repeated dross that’s served up in the GP,s this year it’s not hard to see why people are giving up on it, if going forward Eurosport put this on subscription channels I can think of a few more that won’t bother including me.

I badly miss the old system which led up to the world final where any one of the field could be world champion on the night. They were great occasion’s. 

• Like 3

Just now, chrismorton said:

Which match they got on tomorrow?

Belle Vue v Sheffield