British Speedway Forum

Panthers v Wolves will be the televised meeting on Thursday - with occasional reports from NSS.

Makes sense, one tie is done and dusted while the other is in the balance if not totally so.

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1

Thought Eurosport might have been a bit more creative and put a proper highlights package together tonight, just showing the last 2 live meetings for 2hrs is a bit boring as they are fresh in the memory.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Chris Louis was a welcome addition to tonight’s coverage.  

Bike cam certainly wasn’t - truly awful when trying to watch the race . 

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Haza said:

Bike cam certainly wasn’t - truly awful when trying to watch the race . 

Should put bike Cam on Chris Harris

Let's hope they don't get hold of a drone like in Poland! Somebody should shoot the bloody thing down!

Whats wrong with the drone? An innovative idea & they make it work. The race cam is good aswell, especially after last night with riders being very close at times, though I agree, should be for replays only.  Its ideas like race cam & drones that is going to get new people interested. Well done Eurosport...its probably the only thing I have liked about their coverage this year. Nigel & Kelvin's bickering is embarrassing at times. 

Edited by Wardey
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Booey boy said:

Has eurosport taken over the GP as well ?

Yes and no- Discovery sports events are the new promoters and Eurosport are in the same group. Discovery have said that Discovery plus will be the main viewing platform for the GP`s(subscription channel)they have also mentioned coverage on Eurosport but i am yet to be convinced that LIVE will be on Eurosport.

Edited by racers and royals

5 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Yes and no- Discovery sports events are the new promoters and Eurosport are in the same group. Discovery have said that Discovery plus will be the main viewing platform for the GP`s(subscription channel)they have also mentioned coverage on Eurosport but i am yet to be convinced that LIVE will be on Eurosport.

I'm taking up the Discovery deal with Sky at the end of the month as don't trust Eurosport showing GP's live. Be on the bloody eurosport player no doubt 

1 hour ago, Panthers99 said:

I'm taking up the Discovery deal with Sky at the end of the month as don't trust Eurosport showing GP's live. Be on the bloody eurosport player no doubt 

Reading the interview with Discovery's CEO in this weeks Speedway Star (very informative it was too), they have signed up some GP's "free to air live"...

In the markets aiming to be developed it was said, some of which have had GP"s for a long time but never shown without subscription, therefore restricting the sports growth in those nations was the thought process..

However, Cardiff for example was one that hadn't been signed up to that agreement, although it was mentioned that this didnt mean it couldn't still happen..

The plans, given the enormous size of their operations globally, and the reach they have, are really exciting for the sport globally if they come to fruition.. 

One sobering thought was that this man lived in the UK for four years, leading a motorsports TV company, yet admitted he had never heard of Speedway till he went to a GP in Poland on a fact finding mission. Due to it being considered as something that Discovery should be looking at to add to its stable..

Seems to be some confusion but it did say in the Star and at the end of the play off programme on Monday that Eurosport will be showing the GPS live ?