British Speedway Forum

On 6/7/2022 at 11:49 AM, ray c said:

yes i suppose as we go into july we will get a run of meetings 

Looking at the crowds the TV matches get, maybe the clubs might not want too many covered? 

And the later ones covered in the season might at least have play off places at stake which may bring a few more out to attend..

21 hours ago, racers and royals said:

After Monday`s match we have

Monday July 11th Belle Vue v Kings Lynn

Where is this published, please?

The TV fixtures do seem to be a well kept secret - although I'm guessing they will decide as they go depending on the potential for each fixture as the season develops, e.g. do they focus on teams in the top six challenging for a play-off place. 

1 minute ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Where is this published, please?

The TV fixtures do seem to be a well kept secret - although I'm guessing they will decide as they go depending on the potential for each fixture as the season develops, e.g. do they focus on teams in the top six challenging for a play-off place. 

Only available to those " in the know " :)

The following one is July 25th Wolves v Kings Lynn ;)

22 hours ago, racers and royals said:

After Monday`s match we have

Monday July 11th Belle Vue v Kings Lynn

That won't be great, BV v Sheffield week before would have been better. 

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Only available to those " in the know " :)

The following one is July 25th Wolves v Kings Lynn ;)

I suspected that they have been keeping the schedule secret for some time. I guessed it was likely that Sheffield v Ipswich would be on Eurosport, as soon as the fixtures were published (it was Sheffield's only Monday home match at the time).

Any reason for the secrecy?

Look it up on the internet it will tell you

Without his side kick, I think that Tatum has upped is game in his role on Eurosport (Nige would be proud!). Both Chris Louis and Scotty are well respected and  come across well in their Grand Prix roles. 
I just feel that the Monday night Premiership coverage lacks professionalism. Sam looks anything but comfortable and makes me squirm when stating the obvious. Abi as a presenter is bubbly and enthusiastic but not unfortunately as good as her predecessors Natalie or Charlie. Just my observations and wondered what others think?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Teromaafan said:

Without his side kick, I think that Tatum has upped is game in his role on Eurosport (Nige would be proud!). Both Chris Louis and Scotty are well respected and  come across well in their Grand Prix roles. 
I just feel that the Monday night Premiership coverage lacks professionalism. Sam looks anything but comfortable and makes me squirm when stating the obvious. Abi as a presenter is bubbly and enthusiastic but not unfortunately as good as her predecessors Natalie or Charlie. Just my observations and wondered what others think?

Mostly agree! Kelv has stepped up well and is doing a very good job as lead presenter. Chris and Scotty complement him nicvely. I'm ok with Abi, although is maybe not as good as Nat or Charlie, but they were big shoes to fill. Sam is definitely the weak link, when you bear in mind he has been doing this presenting for a year or two now and before that co-commentator for some of the Swedish matches(?) he really isn't up to the job. Presenting takes a certain skill, credit to Sam for giving it a go, but there must be better options out there...

Personally I'd like to see Sam fronting the show... on his own for the whole 2-2 and a half hours, or pair him up with Rosco, the dream team!

• Haha 6

13 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

i think abi is good as charlie in fact better not as good as natalie though dont forget sophie .the girl that does bsn is good 

12 hours ago, ray c said:

i think abi is good as charlie in fact better not as good as natalie though dont forget sophie .the girl that does bsn is good 

The problem with the lead presenter is very often they are gone after a season or two when better and bigger things comes long!! Agree Tatum with Louis / Nicholls a decent line up.

On 6/24/2022 at 5:51 PM, mikebv said:

Looking at the crowds the TV matches get, maybe the clubs might not want too many covered? 

And the later ones covered in the season might at least have play off places at stake which may bring a few more out to attend..

tonights match on EUROSPORT  starts at 7,30, till 10,00,,,,,  2 and half hours to watch 15 minutes of  racing,,how are they going to sell that to the watching puplic,  iv seen nothing that will promote the sport,, do people in manchester know its on,,, is there a 10 pound entrance fee , and kids go free,,,  look when the highlights are shown on quest on tuesday,,,,,,,,bloody midnight !!!!!!!!!!   head in sand.

• Haha 1

Chris Louis commentating with Nicholls on the screen would work very well. Sam needs to go. He adds nothing. Natalie was fanastic but Abi does a very good job too. They’re very different presenters. Natalie is a lot more serious in her approach, Abi’s cheekier. I’ve got room for both. I love Abi’s interviews with the riders, and she knows her stuff. 

What a load of crap..hardly any meetings and the ones they pick are terrible fixtures to watch. Who wants to watch Lynn get spanked every week.?...whoever is making decisions on speedway for Eurosport should be sacked.

8 hours ago, chrismorton said:

What a load of crap..hardly any meetings and the ones they pick are terrible fixtures to watch. Who wants to watch Lynn get spanked every week.?...whoever is making decisions on speedway for Eurosport should be sacked.

Same number of meetings that BT Sport showed, which means there's 11 league meetings over a 20ish week period from May to early September.

Edited by Roger Jacobs