British Speedway Forum
BEATTHEBOOKIEBOB

Kent v Edinburgh 10/08/21

Another potentially exciting match tomorrow with the visit of high flying Edinburgh - Over the last few weeks we’ve had some really good speedway at Central Park and although I follow another Championship side I find myself looking forward to their matches each Tuesday - Not sure if messrs Masters, Worrall, and Pickering have ridden there before though pretty sure Nathan Greaves will have in National League days and if still at reserve could be potent - If pushed I would go for a Kent win but Edinburgh are proving hard to beat so should be good right the way through - 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BEATTHEBOOKIEBOB said:

Another potentially exciting match tomorrow with the visit of high flying Edinburgh - Over the last few weeks we’ve had some really good speedway at Central Park and although I follow another Championship side I find myself looking forward to their matches each Tuesday - Not sure if messrs Masters, Worrall, and Pickering have ridden there before though pretty sure Nathan Greaves will have in National League days and if still at reserve could be potent - If pushed I would go for a Kent win but Edinburgh are proving hard to beat so should be good right the way through - 

Just be happy to see a match after Birmingham debacle. Been in Canterbury and Dover today. Kent strengthened so an interesting meeting awaits.

24 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Just be happy to see a match after Birmingham debacle. Been in Canterbury and Dover today. Kent strengthened so an interesting meeting awaits.

Hope you have an enjoyable time tomorrow - Plenty of seated space in the grandstand - Sit where you like - Decent sized car park - Cooked food on offer about 10 yards in on the right or if you fancy a pizza nip up the outside steps to the bar - Keep your ears open as PA system pretty naff and plastic seats can be a pain in the butt as the evening wears on - Hope and expect the racing to be as close and competitive as in recent weeks - One last tip as you have been to Dover today - Do check your boot for migrants before you set off home :lol:

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, BEATTHEBOOKIEBOB said:

Hope you have an enjoyable time tomorrow - Plenty of seated space in the grandstand - Sit where you like - Decent sized car park - Cooked food on offer about 10 yards in on the right or if you fancy a pizza nip up the outside steps to the bar - Keep your ears open as PA system pretty naff and plastic seats can be a pain in the butt as the evening wears on - Hope and expect the racing to be as close and competitive as in recent weeks - One last tip as you have been to Dover today - Do check your boot for migrants before you set off home :lol:

Put post code in sat nav and we were near track but brick bollards in road. One of the locals told us how to get to other side.  As you said spacious car park.

1 hour ago, Endeavour said:

Put post code in sat nav and we were near track but brick bollards in road. One of the locals told us how to get to other side.  As you said spacious car park.

I remember coming up against those bollards the first time I went to Kent and mystified as to how to get past them in my car. But I now enter the area

from the other way, by passing the town via the commercial route. Very little traffic and an easy way in.  3rd exit off the A249 from the M2 junction.

As you mention, the car park is all tarmac and big enough for everyone and unlike some places it's free.  Edinburgh will be tough nuts to crack. They are

not title contenders for nothing. Will be close.

3 hours ago, Endeavour said:

May I recommend the upper tier in the main stand, towards the first bend end offers one of the Best views in the stadium.

Another exciting match in prospect .weather looks great ,,,wishing all the riders a good safe meeting......

R/R for William Lawson tonight (awaiting result of a Covid test). Kye and the reserves can cover.

11 minutes ago, eide67 said:

R/R for William Lawson tonight (awaiting result of a Covid test). Kye and the reserves can cover.

:rolleyes:;)

27 minutes ago, eide67 said:

Willie or the bike.

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, eide67 said:

Maximum seven rides for Nathan Grieves methinks which may swing it the way of the Monarchs - Hoping for a good close safe match 45-45 

With or without Lawson can see this being a bit like the Plymouth match where we should win and end up with nothing.

2 hours ago, eide67 said:

1 hour ago, Endeavour said:

Willie or the bike.

Now, does this mean IF he tests positive (and I hope he tests negative), all the Edinburgh  team, mechanics and promotion and all those of teams they have faced recently, have to self isolate (as they would have been in close contact with him, I would presume)?

8 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Now, does this mean IF he tests positive (and I hope he tests negative), all the Edinburgh  team, mechanics and promotion and all those of teams they have faced recently, have to self isolate (as they would have been in close contact with him, I would presume)?

There last match was 4th August .Willie’s probably been fixing tap washers in Aucherarder since then:P

48 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

With or without Lawson can see this being a bit like the Plymouth match where we should win and end up with nothing.

Here's hoping.