British Speedway Forum
BEATTHEBOOKIEBOB

Kent v Edinburgh 10/08/21

41 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Now, does this mean IF he tests positive (and I hope he tests negative), all the Edinburgh  team, mechanics and promotion and all those of teams they have faced recently, have to self isolate (as they would have been in close contact with him, I would presume)?

Friday & Saturday meetings were called off so should be ok unless mixed with others pre meeting.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StevePark said:

Now, does this mean IF he tests positive (and I hope he tests negative), all the Edinburgh  team, mechanics and promotion and all those of teams they have faced recently, have to self isolate (as they would have been in close contact with him, I would presume)?

No , no need, Willie is usually socially distanced and well tailed off out the back. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, eide67 said:

R/R for William Lawson tonight (awaiting result of a Covid test). Kye and the reserves can cover.

Willie or the bike.

Well done Kent. In the end a point better than nothing for us.

Really welcoming and friendly fans. If Cameron rides like he can do a pretty strong quartet for the Kings.

Take a bow Kye, you were superb tonight.

1 hour ago, Endeavour said:

Well done Kent. In the end a point better than nothing for us.

Really welcoming and friendly fans. If Cameron rides like he can do a pretty strong quartet for the Kings.

Take a bow Kye, you were superb tonight.

And a good call by the Edinburgh team manager to pick Kye Thomson for heat 15 - Referee also had a sense of humour - in the first running of heat two Dan Gilkes and Nathan Greaves had a coming together which resulted in Dan high siding and Nathan being sent into the bouncy castle on the bend - cue the announcer who said ‘the race will be re-run with all 4 riders but the referee has disqualified the rider in white (Luke Crang) for not having a dirt deflector - cue confused faces in the grandstand - then onto heat 7 where the tapes went up and three riders got away ok but not Kye Thomson who conked out at the start and walked the bike off the track whereupon race 8 followed and the announcement came ‘rider replacement for William Lawson will be Kye Thomson but the referee will allow him extra time as he was involved in the previous race’ - cue mild laughter from the grandstand - :rolleyes:

• Sad 1

A strange meeting tonight. A few good races, but it never really got going. A lack of urgency and a late rush to beat the curfew didn't help. I was suprised to see the kids come out for a demo ride after heat 14.

4 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

A strange meeting tonight. A few good races, but it never really got going. A lack of urgency and a late rush to beat the curfew didn't help. I was suprised to see the kids come out for a demo ride after heat 14.

I felt that too and with time slipping away the kids coming out after heat 14 was one of those WTF moments - and yet a really quick replacement of the air fence panel after the heat 12 crash which I timed at 4 minutes and drew applause from the crowd - yup it was a strange one overall - 

28 minutes ago, BEATTHEBOOKIEBOB said:

I felt that too and with time slipping away the kids coming out after heat 14 was one of those WTF moments - and yet a really quick replacement of the air fence panel after the heat 12 crash which I timed at 4 minutes and drew applause from the crowd - yup it was a strange one overall - 

I do not think that strange is a correct description. It was full of incidents with Dan Gilkes ruled out after that heat two crash which gave our new kid, Jake Mulford 7

rides. And to his credit he rose to the occasion with some fighting displays and winning heat 2, his first ever at this level. Touch and go at the end with the curfew

almost curtailing the match. I timed the heat 15 finale as starting dead on 8.30.  You can't get much closer than that.  Some really good races including one where Scott

almost rode up onto the air fence as he tried to overtake, but it was a bit too wide and he lost out.

Was the referring blind?  Crang touched the tapes in heat 9 but he let it go.  Rules are clear it should have been  restarted  with Crang penalised. 

Edited by edmon

A point better than nothing I suppose. Similar story to Plymouth in a way with josh having a bad meeting resulting in us not winning the match. Kye again impressive.

I thought the referee was not great ,,strange decisions and so slow putting on the two minute lights nearly caused a curfew ending the meeting early ,there seems to be no urgency to get on with the racing and i include some of the riders in that ,considering the ridiculous curfew at Kent,,,The local council are totally unfair regarding Speedway in the area ..But another improved performance from all the team ,and some good racing

Another entertaining match in front of what looked like a very decent sized crowd and a well deserved win for the Kings. Heat wins have generally been in short supply for the home side this season - what odds would you have got on Kent winning the first four races against a side with three riders in the top 6 of the Championship averages?!

Just a real shame that Dan Gilkes crashed out on the first turn of his opening ride, but full marks to young Jake - a first senior win in his opener after Greaves made a mistake after stalking him for three laps, and then in his seventh ride, an excellent - and crucial - third ahead of Josh Pickering as Cameron won heat 14. Heeps is gradually coming to the party after his injury - when he fully gets going, he's an exciting rider and will be up there with Scott and Paul S in royally entertaining the Central Park faithful. Batchelor had three tape to flag wins, plus a heat 6 from the back over Worrall where for a moment I thought it was Scotty!

Edinburgh certainly played their part. Sam Masters made a couple of errors early on, but then rode like the league's No 1 in the averages. Josh Pickering's chase of Paul Starke in heat 3 made it one of the races of the night, whilst newcomer Kye Thomson picked himself up after being dive bombed by Paul S and demolishing a large section of the first turn airfence in heat 13 to collect a fine paid win in heat 15.

OK the ref made a couple of bloomers, but it was another good night of speedway on a lovely evening.

3 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

A point better than nothing I suppose. Similar story to Plymouth in a way with josh having a bad meeting resulting in us not winning the match. Kye again impressive.

Crang doesn’t look the answer to reserve problem