British Speedway Forum
BEATTHEBOOKIEBOB

Kent v Edinburgh 10/08/21

Actual Kent posters are in short supply on here ,,come on kent fans lets hear your opinions.......

On 8/12/2021 at 7:46 PM, Al Stewart said:

I started investigating and found rather to my amazement that of the 301 riders Edinburgh have used, a remarkable 63 have failed to score on their debut. This merry band includes the following:

George Hunter

Bert Harkins

Dave Trownson

Rory Schlein

Max Fricke

Dan Bewley

Here are the longest running initial non-scorers prior to this season:

Jye Etheridge 9, Sean Courtney 8, Paul Gould 8, Lee Dicken 8, Aaron Fox 8, Dan Bewley 7, Bert Harkins 7, Gary Phelps 7, John Paul 6, Dudley McKean 6, Michael Lowrie 6, Marcel Helfer 6, Tommy Fenwick 6.

But there is one other – with more than 10. I’ll tell you who it is once Luke gets his first point, hopefully tomorrow. One thing the investigation shows is that it is often some of the best riders who make a slow start – but are persevered with.

Now that I have remembered where this post was, Luke Crang did score in his 14th ride for Monarchs. The rider who also had 13 non-scoring rides before scoring was Mike McLuskey, a rider who was excellent on grass and who could have done better in speedway with a home track that wasn't as tricky as Powderhall.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Al Stewart said:

Now that I have remembered where this post was, Luke Crang did score in his 14th ride for Monarchs. The rider who also had 13 non-scoring rides before scoring was Mike McLuskey, a rider who was excellent on grass and who could have done better in speedway with a home track that wasn't as tricky as Powderhall.

Though he had the problem that a lot of second half riders had in these days were the tracks were always slick at the end of the meetings,but when they went into the Team in Ht2 the track was always still much grippier than they were used too,and they generally struggled.They tend to do better nowadays on the slick tracks for today’s modern engines.Remember Mike well.

On 8/12/2021 at 11:35 PM, Fromafar said:

Must admit never heard of Marcel Helfer.!

I think he was signed to replace Charles Wright! Monarchs certainly got that one wrong lol!