British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iainb

Birmingham vs Leicester 11/08/2021

Everyone has fond memories of Pugwashers humbled in the playoffs.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, iainb said:

On my YouTube channel?

Not sure whose channel i was looking at Plymouth videos then it popped up so watched it 

Edited by scoobydoo

Take a bow Ashley Morris, important point in heat 14, passed Lions reserve on last lap. Birmingham are going to be in trouble if Castagna is elevated from the reserve birth by average. Grobauer & Thomas very poor tonight 

Brummies off the hook - expected more from Andersen & Howarth. Kennedy did Ok, 

11 minutes ago, Col said:

Take a bow Ashley Morris, important point in heat 14, passed Lions reserve on last lap. Birmingham are going to be in trouble if Castagna is elevated from the reserve birth by average. Grobauer & Thomas very poor tonight 

Brummies off the hook - expected more from Andersen & Howarth. Kennedy did Ok, 

Think you would have found a better match between too good teams, if they had a better track to ride on  its a shame with a good crowd in will they want to come back? 

1 hour ago, HGould said:

I agree Col. Having ventured down during the break into the Sahara, if it wasn't for Lions contingent on 1st Bend would be lower than last week. 

Fear for how many newcomers will come back. Poor spectacle from what you can see. 

The track was poor last week. It's worrying that it has not been sorted. It seems to be an ongoing problem at Perry Barr this season. 

Probably the worst track conditions I have seen in years. Visibility for riders and fans was terrible, riders were bouncing all over the place,  and I just missed out on being hit by a rock the size of a golf ball...take away the large Leicester support and the crowd would have been feeble. The future doesn't look bright.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

Not sure whose channel i was looking at Plymouth videos then it popped up so watched it 

OK... was gonna charge you 50p lol

12 minutes ago, BrizHeathen said:

Probably the worst track conditions I have seen in years. 

You weren't at the Redcar reopening match then?

Quote on Live Updates proceeding ht13 :- "Water bowers is driving round but its not on"

What happened to the monies raised by the Go Fund Me appeal which I thought was intended to repair/replace damaged track equipment?

Perhaps either Rogers or Mason can explain why it appears they still do not have a functioning bowser.

Given the feedback from those who attended about extreme dust conditions, how can the Brum Promotion expect to retain, never mind attract additional customers.

Obviously it's a personal choice whether to attend future meetings, but I certainly would not be inclined to part with my money to endure dust clouds as part of the "entertainment package"!

Edited by cyclone
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Petecc said:

I'm sure all you track experts will only be to happy to offer your services next week

Note you did not answer the questions re the bowser, nor expecting paying customers to meekly continue turning up and endure dust clouds.

If you were there, were the comments on Live Updates about the track conditions exaggerated or inaccurate?

• Like 2

I have no clue on track preparation but I have never seen a track as dusty, it's even dusty after two laps of heat 1. Surely if water is the issue drench the track 30 mins before tapes up, then tractor it. Grading tractor following the bowser, mix the moisture in.

I got there 30ins before the start. No tractors did I see.

Again the close nature of the contest out entertained the action on track.  Still not sure how Morris sneaked past Kennedy to effectively win the meeting for the Brummies.

Not sure if Douglas fall cost Lions more or less than Harris fall costs Brummies

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Petecc said:

I'm sure all you track experts will only be to happy to offer your services next week

What a stupid Post clueless.  Have not read a post saying they are track experts,  only of fans who were there so they have the right to complain about the track ? And someone asking about the money that was raised for track equipment what as it been used on? 

Edited by Trackerman48
Wrong word
  • Like 3

The water bowser was working. It came out several times. It doesn't explain why it gets so dusty though.

55 minutes ago, Deano said:

The water bowser was working. It came out several times. It doesn't explain why it gets so dusty though.

It’s because the track isn’t prepped right in the first place, water needs to get into the track to prevent dust.

Its needs a good soaking the night before a meeting in warm summer conditions and then occasionally watering during the day of the meeting.