British Speedway Forum
Steve55

Tigers V Wolves 12/8/21

1 minute ago, Flappy said:

Batchelor doesn't fit in the Ostergaard gap at Peterborough don't see where else he can go.

Probably kings Lynn the way his average is dropping at reserve 

12 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

Probably kings Lynn the way his average is dropping at reserve 

Unlikely to ever ride in a Buster owned team again IMO. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

3 rides 3 ducks wonder if he's been told this his last match.

It really ought to be,for whatever reason he's struggling and the Tigers can no longer afford to carry him,he actually throttled off in,I think,his third ride,it brought back memories of way back when Shawn moran did that in his last meeting for us at long Eaton and then he said his nerve had gone.im not saying that's the deal with batchelor,just made me wonder but if all the hard work of winning the last two away meetings is going to mean anything then he has to be replaced......now!!

• Like 1

I would replace him without a doubt now. I think fourth place is pretty secure and we aren't going to win the play offs either. I'd rather get James Birkinshaw out of the ice cream van behind the home straight and back into the team or, looking at the last programme, Doug Wyer still has his bike. 

More seriously, I would have anyone as a replacement. James Shanes, Ash Morris, Aaron Summers, Dany Gappmaier, Tero Aarnio - any of those lads would do me fine. 

Holder wasn't quite his early season self, Ellis missed a couple of gates and Howarth will be frustrated with the last place in heat 14 but can't fault any of them for effort. Pickering, Neilsen and Hume rode their hearts out and were a credit to the club.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

3 rides 3 ducks wonder if he's been told this his last match.

He apparently asked to be taken out of his last ride in heat 12, pity he had to take a minimum of 3. However I don't condone the booing that was coming from the terraces towards him at the end of his poor displays in each of his rides.

After the meeting when he was walking to his van after getting changed a young boy asked for a photo with him, his reply was "Are you sure?" before smiling and posing with the boy. Think that says a lot about the situation!

2 words.

The first is Josh.

The second is Grajczonek.

Would his average fit? Would he come over so late in the season? Who knows. I'll set up a crowd funding page to help with the air fare. :D

19 minutes ago, Tricky said:

2 words.

The first is Josh.

The second is Grajczonek.

Would his average fit? Would he come over so late in the season? Who knows. I'll set up a crowd funding page to help with the air fare. :D

When Bydgoszcz needed him they couldn’t get him - so the chances of Sheffield getting him back over has to be slim to none.

Isn't he working in construction or similar going by his Instagram. He seems pretty settled out there tbh. 

1 hour ago, Moranboys said:

It really ought to be,for whatever reason he's struggling and the Tigers can no longer afford to carry him,he actually throttled off in,I think,his third ride,it brought back memories of way back when Shawn moran did that in his last meeting for us at long Eaton and then he said his nerve had gone.im not saying that's the deal with batchelor,just made me wonder but if all the hard work of winning the last two away meetings is going to mean anything then he has to be replaced......now!!

Think steads comment about batchelor after the meeting is probably a good indication that he,s about to be replaced...

What a great night loved every minute, Really reminded me of why I fell in love with the Sport 26 years ago. 13 riders going hammer and tong at each. Absolutely superb start to his home Sheffield career for Stefan Nielsen well done lad. Also really have become a big fan of Josh Pickering too. Think it was the first time I've ever seen Danyon Hume ride too, he certainly gained a fan tonight too brilliant stuff.
But most of all what has really pleased me tonight is My Dad after several years (he's only been to a handful of meetings since our beloved Vikings closed) of not attending came with me tonight and absolutely loved it. He was the one that got me into the Sport all them years ago, So it's great I can now help bring him back. I ❤️ Speedway

Thank you Sheffield Speedway

• Like 8

It certainly was a very entertaining meeting. Of course I don't like to see Sheffield lose at home but that was almost irrelevant after watching such great racing. Josh Pickering's heat 10 efforts gave me goosebumps as he crossed the line. I really hope Speedway GB get to show that race on their website.

Welcome back to speedway Fozzies dad.

• Like 1

Pickering has been brilliant since he came in and his performance at kings Lynn was awesome.The effort that lad put in last night is the level I expect from all 7 riders as a given. If you get beat by the better team then fine but when you are carrying a heat leader every meeting then we won’t get a sniff of winning the play offs. In his previous race when he hit the kerb on the last corner showed his desire and aggression to get an extra point. This effort is well respected by the sheffield fans. Even some wolves fans applauded his heat 10 exploits. A big mention to the former Ipswich lads Hume and Nielsen really putting big efforts in home and away     

• Like 2

Maybe some truth in the notion of Batch losing his bottle, he was always one of the first to cry off when tracks are wet.

It’s a tough game and if your not committed you are going to struggle, speedway is not a sport you can do half hearted.

Reminds me a bit of another Troy (Pratt) fast when gating and out in front but all at sea when faced with trying to pass someone, body language completely different.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Charlieboy said:

Pickering has been brilliant since he came in and his performance at kings Lynn was awesome.The effort that lad put in last night is the level I expect from all 7 riders as a given. If you get beat by the better team then fine but when you are carrying a heat leader every meeting then we won’t get a sniff of winning the play offs. In his previous race when he hit the kerb on the last corner showed his desire and aggression to get an extra point. This effort is well respected by the sheffield fans. Even some wolves fans applauded his heat 10 exploits. A big mention to the former Ipswich lads Hume and Nielsen really putting big efforts in home and away     

How did young Flint go Charlie? gained a great point against Howarth also has Hume done anough to gain a spot.The tigers fans are renowned for loving  there in/ out racers over the years( ie) Billy Bales, Shawn, Kelly, Reg, Dougie, Sean the prawn, Ricky.  Simon, (  ect) and Danyon is certainly that.If Batch is replaced could maybe Holder or Tungate come in Holder would be a great shout.

Edited by Sidney the robin