British Speedway Forum
Steve55

Tigers V Wolves 12/8/21

42 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

How did young Flint go Charlie? gained a great point against Howarth also has Hume done anough to gain a spot.The tigers fans are renowned for loving  there in/ out racers over the years( ie) Billy Bales, Shawn, Kelly, Reg, Dougie, Sean the prawn, Ricky.  Simon, (  ect) and Danyon is certainly that.If Batch is replaced could maybe Holder or Tungate come in Holder would be a great shout.

Flint won them the match beating howarth in heat 14 basically. Similar to the point Anders Rowe got for us the other week. Think holder is favourite to get the spot by all accounts (word on the terrace). I’m impressed with Hume  I remember him from top gun meeting and he stood out then. 

5 hours ago, marko said:

Maybe some truth in the notion of Batch losing his bottle, he was always one of the first to cry off when tracks are wet.

It’s a tough game and if your not committed you are going to struggle, speedway is not a sport you can do half hearted.

Reminds me a bit of another Troy (Pratt) fast when gating and out in front but all at sea when faced with trying to pass someone, body language completely different.

If he's lost his bottle how come he can score big points for his new Championship club? Think if it was some kind of confidence thing it'd surely have been sorted by now, even if it meant him packing up with the sport. If he has got some kind of issue then fair enough, but I don't see why Sheffield Speedway and its fans should also suffer from whatever it is. 

12 minutes ago, Steve55 said:

If he's lost his bottle how come he can score big points for his new Championship club? Think if it was some kind of confidence thing it'd surely have been sorted by now, even if it meant him packing up with the sport. If he has got some kind of issue then fair enough, but I don't see why Sheffield Speedway and its fans should also suffer from whatever it is. 

We had something similar at Berwick with Charlie Gjedde absolutely shocking home performances 

15 hours ago, Charlieboy said:

Got to wait for Poland to finish before we get holder. So ride with 6 next Thursday 

We rode with 6 last night

3 minutes ago, Normski said:

We had something similar at Berwick with Charlie Gjedde absolutely shocking home performances 

Remember him riding for Belle Vue and scoring big. Don't think he liked big tracks, if I remember correctly Jonny Bailey used to spanner for him.

2 minutes ago, Steve55 said:

Remember him riding for Belle Vue and scoring big. Don't think he liked big tracks, if I remember correctly Jonny Bailey used to spanner for him.

Think he was wary of the wall behind safety fence on 1st and 2nd bends before we got polyfoam fence

Overall a good meeting, friend said that Douglas at reserve won it for Wolves, but as good as he was last night, it was Batchelor that lost it for us

Was hoping to come on today to hear he had been sacked, but not that lucky

if we do qualify for the playoffs we will be everyones first choice, you don't win against a good team with 6 riders.

Well done to the two reserves last night and the other four tried as hard as they could.

Kyle was unhappy about heat 14 and said he wasn't good enough, disagreed with him and said he had been riding really well this season, contrast that with Batchelors three last places

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Steve55 said:

Charlie Gjedde was good at Blunsdon Abbey in his day!  

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

Overall a good meeting, friend said that Douglas at reserve won it for Wolves, but as good as he was last night, it was Batchelor that lost it for us

Was hoping to come on today to hear he had been sacked, but not that lucky

if we do qualify for the playoffs we will be everyones first choice, you don't win against a good team with 6 riders.

Well done to the two reserves last night and the other four tried as hard as they could.

Kyle was unhappy about heat 14 and said he wasn't good enough, disagreed with him and said he had been riding really well this season, contrast that with Batchelors three last places

Nothing for Kyle to be sorry for,even though he was last he bust a gut,as he always does,to get that third place...he leads by example.....always gives 100%

• Like 1

Gjedde brilliant for Newport too. Superb.

Dont think Chris Holder would be the answer for Sheffield either. Shadow of the rider he was

18 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

3 rides 3 ducks wonder if he's been told this his last match.

And here's me thinking after scores of     12...11...12 against Wolves this season he only turns it on against us.

12 minutes ago, Tommy Sweetman said:

And here's me thinking after scores of     12...11...12 against Wolves this season he only turns it on against us.

Two third places would have been enough for me last night, but he couldn't beat Broc Nicol, who didn't have a good meeting, nor Luke Becker, who probably had the worst meeting he's had this season. As has already been stated having a good rider at reserve is always going to be a trump card, Douglas scored more than a third of Wolves total points last night, as it did for the Panthers, with Harris taking 7 rides the other week!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Steve55 said:

Two third places would have been enough for me last night, but he couldn't beat Broc Nicol, who didn't have a good meeting, nor Luke Becker, who probably had the worst meeting he's had this season. As has already been stated having a good rider at reserve is always going to be a trump card, Douglas scored more than a third of Wolves total points last night, as it did for the Panthers, with Harris taking 7 rides the other week!

But if Batchelor had scored what was expected when we signed him, we would have won both.

• Like 1

It certainly looked like he was intentionally finishing last. I wonder if it's his way of responding to the increasing boos he is receiving at Owlerton. 

In all my years following speedway I don't recall a rider intentionally scoring no points at their home track. There's been one or two who wouldn't make any effort on away tracks that they didn't like and even those who just didn't turn up if they didn't fancy racing against the opposition (Michael Lee for example) but this situation is simply disgraceful and needs to change immediately

He isn't just letting the Sheffield supporters down he's causing problems for his team mates and that cannot be allowed to continue.  So many Sheffield fans walked out before the end last night that heat 15's victory lap was to an almost empty stadium

Has there ever been a rider fined by the referee for not trying? I've can't find any reports of one? Could Troy be the first? 

• Like 1