British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Split

Riding with a countryman.

Jankowski/ Plech 1980 Hackney.          Johansson/ Erickson 1983 Eastbourne.        Niemi/ Tyrvainen 1981 Eastbourne 

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

Remember Roman Jankowski on his visit to Swindon recording a 12 point maximum!

7 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Remember Roman Jankowski on his visit to Swindon recording a 12 point maximum!

Yes remember that Steve, i  remember Toni Kasper getting a paid maximum there to.Also  Sigalos scored a full 15 from reserve in 1979( he never met Kilb though so unusual) the biggest shock though was Einar Kylingstad getting a full 15 for Kings Lynn at the Abbey.Back to the topic Autrey/ Gresham 1980 Swindon.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Yes remember that Steve, i  remember Toni Kasper getting a paid maximum there to.Also  Sigalos scored a full 15 from reserve in 1979( he never met Kilb though so unusual) the biggest shock though was Einar Gunnesstad getting a full 15 for Kings Lynn at the Abbey.Back to the topic Autrey/ Gresham 1980 Swindon.

I witnessed all those achievements Sid! Used to enjoy my trips to Swindon...as for Gresham? A nutter on a bike but apparently has mellowed over the years!

4 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

I witnessed all those achievements Sid! Used to enjoy my trips to Swindon...as for Gresham? A nutter on a bike but apparently has mellowed over the years!

Met him once such a nice bloke, Gresh certainly kept Holloway on his toes in there partnership.That partnership was one of the few that could beat Grahame/ Collins Cradley   Gresh was one of my favourites at Swindon nobody messed with him that’s for sure.

• Like 1

Nielsen/ Christensen  Birmingham 1980.             Kudrna( Kermit RIP).   Hradecky Birmingham 1980                Nielsen/ Jensen/ Eskildsen Birmingham 1981.               Gene Woods/ Keith Chrisco Birmingham 1981

Olsen and Fransden

Olsen ans Weiss Sorensen

Olsen and Thomsen

Olsen and Busk

There's loads...

14 minutes ago, frigbo said:

There's loads...

Well, the OP stated "other than England, Australia, Sweden etc" (which I would take to include Denmark), so I think we should just focus on the minor speedway nations...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chunky said:

Well, the OP stated "other than England, Australia, Sweden etc" (which I would take to include Denmark), so I think we should just focus on the minor speedway nations...

Minor Speedway nations! In that case Collins and Grahame at Cradley!

Point taken though - no Danes from late 70's onwards.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Technik said:

Bo Brhel & Tom Topinka Czechoslovakia at Kings Lynn

Both later figured at Oxford (1996) and of the two I thought that Bo Brhel was the better rider round Cowley who displayed some classy riding passing where others feared to tread!

11 minutes ago, salty said:

Minor Speedway nations! In that case Collins and Grahame at Cradley!

Ouch!!!

True though... :t:

Funny enough, did you know that England has provided more individual world champs than any other country?

1 hour ago, chunky said:

Ouch!!!

True though... :t:

Funny enough, did you know that England has provided more individual world champs than any other country?

...that came as a surprise to me until I totalled them up!

Another trip to Reading for KIwis Mitch Shirra & Nathan Murray. I think possibly Peter Nightingale might have been involved at some point