Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
TotallyHonestJohn

Newcastle v Glasgow (Champ) 15/08/21 1830 hours

Here we go...

Another tough meeting for the Diamonds with Glasgow in town...

It will be interesting to see what the crowd will be like with the first football match of the season kicking off at 14:00 hours and being on the TV as well...

I think the Glasgow fans will be out in force and making the trip down the road as they will be expecting their boys to bring back the points for sure...

Newcastle guest for this one I believe will be Aaron Summers and Glasgow will be using Steve Worrall (who I don't think has been on a losing side at Brough yet)

Newcastle: Ben Barker; Aaron Summers; James Wright; Connor Mountain; Max Clegg; Adam Roynon; Archie Freeman;

Glasgow; Craig Cook; Steve Worrall; Ricky Wells; Broc Nicol; Sam Jensen; Justin Sedgmen; Connor Bailey;

It will be another master class from Cookie and Stevie W; Ricky has already had a practice session guesting last week so this will be tough; 

Hopefully we can keep it close and the Diamonds bring their gating gloves; think the Weegies are good for the points however

Regards
THJ

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Here we go...

Another tough meeting for the Diamonds with Glasgow in town...

It will be interesting to see what the crowd will be like with the first football match of the season kicking off at 14:00 hours and being on the TV as well...

I think the Glasgow fans will be out in force and making the trip down the road as they will be expecting their boys to bring back the points for sure...

Newcastle guest for this one I believe will be Aaron Summers and Glasgow will be using Steve Worrall (who I don't think has been on a losing side at Brough yet)

Newcastle: Ben Barker; Aaron Summers; James Wright; Connor Mountain; Max Clegg; Adam Roynon; Archie Freeman;

Glasgow; Craig Cook; Steve Worrall; Ricky Wells; Broc Nicol; Sam Jensen; Justin Sedgmen; Connor Bailey;

It will be another master class from Cookie and Stevie W; Ricky has already had a practice session guesting last week so this will be tough; 

Hopefully we can keep it close and the Diamonds bring their gating gloves; think the Weegies are good for the points however

Regards
THJ

With tonights match in Glasgow being postponed I would imagine even more will travel down. Hopefully a big crowd, Rob Grant deserves it, good close racing, all riders stay safe AND Tigers take 3 points!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

With tonight's match in Glasgow being postponed I would imagine even more will travel down. Hopefully a big crowd, Rob Grant deserves it, good close racing, all riders stay safe AND Tigers take 3 points!

Plus you guys must be going a bit stir crazy now with the additional lock down and extended travel ban you received when the rest of Scotland was being set free; be a few with itchy feet looking for a trip away to grab a bit of different scenery just to go somewhere and get out and about...

Surprised you didn't say Tigers to take 4 points as you must fancy your chances...

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Missed out word
  • Like 1

I will settle for a good crowd over +800 and Glasgow can have the 4 points lol

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

After a mid season monsoon break , looking forward to seeing a meeting again . A nice wee two day trip , taking this in before heading for the British Final .

1 minute ago, Paulco said:

After a mid season monsoon break , looking forward to seeing a meeting again . A nice wee two day trip , taking this in before heading for the British Final .

Shorts and Flip Flops in Berwick today pal

2 minutes ago, Normski said:

Shorts and Flip Flops in Berwick today pal

Only cause we're not there 

• Haha 1

Just now, Paulco said:

Only cause we're not there 

:D:D

57 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Just thinking, can Steve Worrall guest?,,, he was here last Sunday. 

i think he can as he was here in his normal 1 - 7 not as a guest ? 

whats weather like in toon

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, diamonds7 said:

i think he can as he was here in his normal 1 - 7 not as a guest ? 

whats weather like in toon

Warm, damp air/low cloud,,, wouldn't class it as rain atm.

37 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Warm, damp air/low cloud,,, wouldn't class it as rain atm.

Thank you 

Summers guests for Newcastle and Steve Worrall for Glasgow,Have we picked the right guest.

Edited by soupy

Guest choice was/is limited due to Wethers average even with the 5% uplift for home riders plus they needed to think of next week against Kent where we will have two guests slots to fill with Archie being in that U19 meeting at Mildenhall 

Regards 

THJ

38 minutes ago, soupy said:

Summers guests for Newcastle and Steve Worrall for Glasgow,Have we picked the right guest.

You'll find out later lol