British Speedway Forum
TotallyHonestJohn

Newcastle v Glasgow (Champ) 15/08/21 1830 hours

7 minutes ago, emilali said:

What was up with Mr Huffy this evening? Track not to his liking? Or just finding life tough at the top? 

He certainly isn’t riding with great confidence this season.

Congratulations to the diamonds. Not good enough from the stripes, taxi for the Edinburgh cast offs!!!

12 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

He certainly isn’t riding with great confidence this season.

Couldn't of happened to a nicer fella….

Great result for the wee team from Newcastle against the multi millionaires of Glasgow.

• Like 3

What has happened to craig cook? Even at this level looks a shaddow of his former self. Be interesting to see if Glasgow retain him next season, certainly nowhere near the best rider in the league anymore 

29 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

What was the crowd like?

Wasn’t too bad Steve .. Quite a few Glasgow fans amongst the crowd 

1 minute ago, Midget said:

What has happened to craig cook? Even at this level looks a shaddow of his former self. Be interesting to see if Glasgow retain him next season, certainly nowhere near the best rider in the league anymore 

Sure Michael Max said on one of the streamed meetings he's lacking confidence in the new tyres. Whether that's set up, or not able to race as hard not sure. 

Hopefully tonights result will bring a few more in for next week.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Well if they score a point they will be better

But this season is a learning curve for Archie in preparation (hopefully) for next season. Were not going to do anything this year so what's the point in NOT giving Arvhue the experience and track time. Plenty of better options yes (Luke Ruddick or Ryan Kinsley seems the best ones) but why? Two rising stars next year remember, so Archue should be one of them, and he will have learned a lot by then hopefully from his half season this year :D

On another note, meeting of the season so far tonight!! Every single race was exciting and I dont remember a meeting like that for years.

Shame the crowd was so small... no one got to see how entertaining we were. Especially Adam, Max, Connor and Ben

Well done Archue for being so on the pace.

As for next week, parent Jake Mulford and Dan Gilkes both in the under 19s too? So Kent will be missing noth reserves and well ve missing one... all 3 are 1 star reserves too, so we need to act quick in getting the best one available before Kent do... Jordan Palin and Jenkins are presumably in under 19s also? Who else is available at 1 star. Greg Blair maybe?

• Like 2

Well done to Newcastle, they fought hard in every race, shame that there wasn't more home support to enjoy the win, there was plenty Glasgow support . That is the best that I have seen Adam Roynon race, which is good to see considering how many awful injuries he has had. For my team, it was frustrating to see them so twitchy at the starts,the ref was holding the tapes for ages, again well done to the diamonds, hope you can consolidate and build some more support, would hate to lose another team

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Cookiefan said:

Well done to Newcastle, they fought hard in every race, shame that there wasn't more home support to enjoy the win, there was plenty Glasgow support . That is the best that I have seen Adam Roynon race, which is good to see considering how many awful injuries he has had. For my team, it was frustrating to see them so twitchy at the starts,the ref was holding the tapes for ages, again well done to the diamonds, hope you can consolidate and build some more support, would hate to lose another team

Couldnt have put it better myself... barely any fans there again... but a cracking meeting, one of the best for years at brough imo... Connor beating Steve so comfortably for the second week in a row and Adam's outside pass down the home straight were the highlights for me

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

What was the crowd like?

Not as big as expected I think. A lot of Tigers fans including a bus load.

Edited by Tsunami

7 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

At St James park 

• Haha 1