British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PowerfulPierre

Leicester vs Eastbourne. 14 Aug. 2021

2 minutes ago, bluebee said:

1. The tribute to Phillip Rising was very fitting with both teams standing on track to participate in the minute's clap in his honour. Well done Leicester promotion.

Quite right. I fully agree with you.

3 minutes ago, bluebee said:

Still yet to see an away side run Leicester close. Does the track give that much of a home advantage? I'm beginning to think so.

That's a very ironic comment (dare I say). Leicester did just lose their 3 year home record to Poole. 
Mind you, the track was as slick as a badger's a**e that night due to the real possibility of rain. 

5 minutes ago, bluebee said:

Just got back and it was an easy win -  as expected. I don't want to add to the speculation about the away side's possible difficulties but would rather comment on two more positive points.

1. The tribute to Phillip Rising was very fitting with both teams standing on track to participate in the minute's clap in his honour. Well done Leicester promotion.

2. I was very impressed with Tom Brennan. Clearly has the right attitude. Came out early before the parade to look at the gate. Tried hard in every ride. I hope he goes far in the sport. Also acknowledged the fans.

Clearly Lawson should have been the man for heat 15 alongside Brennan. Was he annoyed with his exclusion two heats earlier?  I thought it harsh but didn't have the best view.

Still yet to see an away side run Leicester close. Does the track give that much of a home advantage? I'm beginning to think so.

It was a nice tribute for Phil Rising and the presenter handled it brilliantly. 

Lawson also didn't take his R/R ride

2 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

As good as Kemp was bad by the look of it. 

He's been a real disappointment in both leagues this year unfortunately. 

I don't get it with Drew Kemp, he's very highly thought of but I've never seen him have a good meeting

• Like 3

1 minute ago, False dawn said:

That's a very ironic comment (dare I say). Leicester did just lose their 3 year home record to Poole. 
Mind you, the track was as slick as a badger's a**e that night due to the real possibility of rain.  

Ah, didn't go the that one. As a Bees fan (ike yourself) I must have subconsciously avoided a match that the old enemy might win.  Would much prefer to keep my memories of 2010 untarnished!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, iainb said:

I don't get it with Drew Kemp, he's very highly thought of but I've never seen him have a good meeting

Riding for Gdansk tomorrow

Thought Kemp at least tried and did get better. Hope he finds form again as he does have talent. British speedway needs its home riders.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, iainb said:

Lawson also didn't take his R/R ride

Actually, it does start to make sense. Sort of.
After heat 6, Eastbourne were 10 behind. In heat 7 they could have used a TS for Eddie Kennett, Richard Lawson for example. He could have then been used as a RR later as well. Instead, Eastbourne used Nathan Ablitt as an RR. With all due respect to Nathan, the decision to use him was a bit of a mystery. One Eastbourne fan even said that they'd raised the white flag.

Unfortunately I do fear that could have been Eastbourne’s last meeting this season, With riders owed significant amounts and money that was promised tonight didn’t materialise.

All the signs are there Eddy K not travelling ( Was obviously tipped off that the money was not going to be paid ) Kyle Newman pulls out with mystery injury, Richard Lawson refuses to do RR ride and then both Lawson & Kerr refuse to do heat 15 so only went with one rider.

As expected Tom Brennan was very impressive and hopefully has a bright future ahead of him, I am sure if Eastbourne do close then a few clubs will be trying to fit him in with Glasgow the favourites if he don’t mind the drive up the M6 from his Midlands base 

I thought there was some good racing tonight but the crowd seemed a little down this week possibly due to Leicester City playing and not being an attractive fixture for neutrals which Leicester seem to pick up on  nice Saturday nights 

People are saying   Kennett  was  taken sick after his second covid jab .. it that what the crowd were told ? 

9 hours ago, bluebee said:

one word

poole

8 hours ago, orion said:

People are saying   Kennett  was  taken sick after his second covid jab .. it that what the crowd were told ? 

No, the crowd were just told "illness"

The bizarre tactical moves by the Eagles team manager didn't add up, then no third rider in heat 15 meant there was something more sinister going on. Not that hard to work out in hindsight but I was confused until heat 15.

Hopefully someone can come up with something to get the Eagles out of trouble, that large piece of prime real estate down in Sussex shouldn't be given up lightly.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

Lot of speculation on Updates that Eastbourne riders are not getting paid. Might explain lack of rider in heat 15.

Lawson appeared to pack up his equipment after the incident in heat 13. His spot in the pits was empty after heat 14.

12 hours ago, iainb said:

Back in the day, the home promotion would be on the mic to apologise and explain what was going on... anybody that attended tonight was mugged off! If Eastbourne can't afford to send a team the match should have been postponed and to announce the advertised Ed Kennett's absence minutes before the parade in the age of social media is unforgivable!

Eastbourne could use all available riders to cover Kennets rides using R/R

I tend to agree that not having a rider in heat 15 did deprive the crowd of what they paid for. Although I do very much understand the stance the Eagles riders were making. Its a difficult one.