British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PowerfulPierre

Leicester vs Eastbourne. 14 Aug. 2021

10 hours ago, orion said:

People are saying   Kennett  was  taken sick after his second covid jab .. it that what the crowd were told ? 

Perhaps they used a drill bit instead of a needle for his Covid jab

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, BrizHeathen said:

I tend to agree that not having a rider in heat 15 did deprive the crowd of what they paid for. Although I do very much understand the stance the Eagles riders were making. Its a difficult one.

I don't if you deprive the paying public eventually there'll be no paying public

Any arguments the Eagles have are behind closed doors with their owners not the Leicester public 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Skodaman said:

Eastbourne could use all available riders to cover Kennets rides using R/R

I know... and they didn't

Edited by iainb

I have seen Lawson not taking heat 15 rides in earlier meetings this season against Kent.

One could have been excused with EB having already won the KO up tie. The later CL meeting was bizarre , with a bonus league point at stake and Lawson overlooked. EB conceded a 1-5 and no bonus point. I jokingly told my friends at the time maybe EB canot afford his wages.

5 hours ago, BrizHeathen said:

I tend to agree that not having a rider in heat 15 did deprive the crowd of what they paid for. Although I do very much understand the stance the Eagles riders were making. Its a difficult one.

You're right, but the buck has to stop with the club. Putting out just one rider for the last heat is inexcusable and Eastbourne deserve to be fined, their financial plight being irrelevant in such circumstances. The paying public and particularly the travelling supporters have been short changed.

I really hope that the apparent financial situation can be sorted, nobody wants to see Eastbourne, Birmingham or Newcastle folding.

• Like 1

I attended this meeting last night and was looking forward to seeing Eddie Kennett ride,if he did have an adverse reaction then that's understandable but not sure about Lawson,he even throttled off on the home straight near the finishing line when comfortably in second and finished third.lewis Kerr I thought rode decently for his points,felt for Kyle Newman if his shoulder isn't right as that's not him at all.thought Brennan was outstanding, definately one for the future and when he came out to look at the gates,even took the time for a selfie with a disabled guy...credit to him.

13 minutes ago, Moranboys said:

I attended this meeting last night and was looking forward to seeing Eddie Kennett ride,if he did have an adverse reaction then that's understandable but not sure about Lawson,he even throttled off on the home straight near the finishing line when comfortably in second and finished third.lewis Kerr I thought rode decently for his points,felt for Kyle Newman if his shoulder isn't right as that's not him at all.thought Brennan was outstanding, definately one for the future and when he came out to look at the gates,even took the time for a selfie with a disabled guy...credit to him.

Tom Brennan is a talented rider, you have to remember he had a bad break to his leg missing a season and then he had the Covid season so almost had 2 really important years lost of his development.

so going off the back of virtually 2 years out he’s an outstanding talent, head and shoulders above his age group 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Moranboys said:

It's not so much the fact that Ed Kennett wasn't there for me, the bigger issue is that this news was hushed up until 18:55 and at that moment the whole match became a non-event. They basically mugged off everybody in the stadium... I'm lucky I only travelled 3 miles and not the 380 miles a lot of Eagles fans did. I'm sorry to say this but the sport doesn't need promotions like this... but of course, some will say, we need to be grateful to these people.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, noaksey said:

I don't if you deprive the paying public eventually there'll be no paying public

Any arguments the Eagles have are behind closed doors with their owners not the Leicester public 

I agree but who in there right mind works for nothing? Or should i say who would put there life on the line for nothing?

Edited by BrizHeathen

2 hours ago, iainb said:

It's not so much the fact that Ed Kennett wasn't there for me, the bigger issue is that this news was hushed up until 18:55 and at that moment the whole match became a non-event. They basically mugged off everybody in the stadium... I'm lucky I only travelled 3 miles and not the 380 miles a lot of Eagles fans did. I'm sorry to say this but the sport doesn't need promotions like this... but of course, some will say, we need to be grateful to these people.

Was it the Shield final in 2019 when a leading Eastbourne rider (could have been Kennett) was replaced by Kevin Doolan (who at least did ride) at very late notice?

21 minutes ago, Big Al said:

Was it the Shield final in 2019 when a leading Eastbourne rider (could have been Kennett) was replaced by Kevin Doolan (who at least did ride) at very late notice?

Just checked... yes it was, what a memory, couldn't recall that at all. Eagles were already operating R/R that night for Georgie Wood (what happened to him). Eastbourne used 2 guests and R/R. Lawson took 5 rides and the even put 2 riders out in heat 15!!!

31 minutes ago, Big Al said:

It was - Kennett was riding in the World Longtrack on the day of the home leg and Rory Schlein guested, he supposedly aggravated a previous injury and failed to appear for the away leg the following day where Doolan replaced him.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, iainb said:

Just checked... yes it was, what a memory, couldn't recall that at all. Eagles were already operating R/R that night for Georgie Wood (what happened to him). Eastbourne used 2 guests and R/R. Lawson took 5 rides and the even put 2 riders out in heat 15!!!

I recall watching them doing practice starts and remarking I didn't realise how similar looking Edward Kennett is to Kev Doolan. 

The penny dropped that it actually was Kev Doolan, but don't recall any announcement being made about the change. 

Was talking to Sheffield  fan at the British Final  on Monday. He went to the Leicester v Eastbourne match on Saturday said he heard people saying Leicester were watching the Eastbourne situation Lawson for Anderson was the word if the Eastbourne situation was not resolved