British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Play off merry-go-round

Given that any integrity in team building has long since passed why make potential play off qualifiers suffer from unfortunate injuries and also diminish the spectacle of what should be the season highlight

My proposal would be that once the regular fixtures are complete that the riders of the 2 teams missing out are available to join the play off teams

No guests and no r/r required or even allowed then in the play offs

I wouldn't even limit the changes to injury replacements which could mean the very best 7 man teams on current form being in place

Hopefully this would mean 6 hotly contested, and as close to top quality matches as possible given the resources, in the play offs and give the sport the best chance of ending on a high and with some positivity about the product 

It would also offer some small pinch of integrity being regained with no rider representing more than 1 team in the play offs

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Given that any integrity in team building has long since passed why make potential play off qualifiers suffer from unfortunate injuries and also diminish the spectacle of what should be the season highlight

My proposal would be that once the regular fixtures are complete that the riders of the 2 teams missing out are available to join the play off teams

No guests and no r/r required or even allowed then in the play offs

I wouldn't even limit the changes to injury replacements which could mean the very best 7 man teams on current form being in place

Hopefully this would mean 6 hotly contested, and as close to top quality matches as possible given the resources, in the play offs and give the sport the best chance of ending on a high and with some positivity about the product 

It would also offer some small pinch of integrity being regained with no rider representing more than 1 team in the play offs

I don't see a problem with that.

Would give extra rides to riders who have committed to a season in British speedway.

Might also convince my own club to make Danyon Hulme a permanent replacement.

Might be some issues with say the Aussie riders who might decided they want go home earlier.

But the concept and the principal I totally agree.  

• Like 1

The very last piece of credibility ripped from the sport... why not... In for a penny

• Haha 1

For me, injury replacement only as unfair on riders who helped get the teams into play offs. And like for like only.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

What sort of joke is this?

Awful idea.

Care to expand.

If it could be used for genuine injury replacement, that's OK, would be better than guests

But to make wholesale changes and drop the riders that have got you to the playoffs, just because you can is wrong

• Like 4

9 hours ago, The Third Man said:

If it could be used for genuine injury replacement, that's OK, would be better than guests

But to make wholesale changes and drop the riders that have got you to the playoffs, just because you can is wrong

You would endorse keeping Batchelor then

3 hours ago, Red Flag said:

No,,, Batch certainly hasn't helped get them to play offs 

13 hours ago, Red Flag said:

That would be a change before the transfer deadline, hopefully, if not we have to keep him

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Baldyman said:

No,,, Batch certainly hasn't helped get them to play offs 

Could win it for the Tigers if he came good though... he can be a quality rider

5 hours ago, iainb said:

Could win it for the Tigers if he came good though... he can be a quality rider

Looked like a complete novice last Thursday, not even close in any of his rides