British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jonny the spud

British final 2021

18 minutes ago, iainb said:

One off event, no comparison, would Bewley have come 2nd at Eastbourne,  highly unlikely. 

6 out of 11 WC events in a single country? It's clearly unfair, oink oink

You can't have one rule for one for another; THAT is unfair...

PS it isn't unfair, just because YOU think so...

19 minutes ago, iainb said:

It would be better for Roofless Robert Lambert.

Here all week

Unfortunately... :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, chunky said:

You can't have one rule for one for another; THAT is unfair...

PS it isn't unfair, just because YOU think so...

You obviously don't know the meaning of the word fair... go educate yourself, oink

17 minutes ago, iainb said:

You obviously don't know the meaning of the word fair... go educate yourself, oink

Sorry to break the news to you, but life isn't fair...

So, it's okay for the British Final to be "unfair". but not the World Championship because it favours a rider who couldn't win otherwise?

34 minutes ago, chunky said:

Sorry to break the news to you, but life isn't fair...

So, it's okay for the British Final to be "unfair". but not the World Championship because it favours a rider who couldn't win otherwise?

I'd like to see the British Final run along the same lines as a GP series, not at the same tracks obviously. I was suggesting that last year as a way to give British Riders something meaningful to ride in. Especially as it's not a WC qualifier anymore.

You know there's a reason why, when things are run in a league system, which in effect what the GP series is, an Individual Speedway Riders League, that teams meet each other the same amount of times home and away... can you guess why that is (don't help him anybody, he'll get there, in fact I think secretly he already is).

For the love of all that is chunky I hope Jan Kvech doesn't qualify for the GP's tomorrow or I think I'll have an aneurysm .

oink, oink

On 8/16/2021 at 9:54 PM, skydog said:

I think the way BSPL worded it was that they fully supported "amateur" racing on the IOW... then decided that it isnt amateur if you are paying riders and charging people to get in (that's why Lydd are exempt from all this). So what about the NDL? Suddenly they dont class it as amateur, even though they had always previously said it was.  A vendetta? Surely not!

Then I repeat my question….where was any of this ‘ ban ‘ officially notified ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Then I repeat my question….where was any of this ‘ ban ‘ officially notified ?

If you mean where was the threat of a ban made, promotions were notified by BSPL that riders would be banned so that they wouldn't give permission for their riders to race for IOW or "nomad" teams. Or that's what one club claimed when asked for permission.

34 minutes ago, skydog said:

If you mean where was the threat of a ban made, promotions were notified by BSPL that riders would be banned so that they wouldn't give permission for their riders to race for IOW or "nomad" teams. Or that's what one club claimed when asked for permission.

BSPL don't control riders licences though, do they?

I dont know how it works but that is what the club said. They definitely said it was the BSPL that had told them the riders would be banned.

1 hour ago, skydog said:

I dont know how it works but that is what the club said. They definitely said it was the BSPL that had told them the riders would be banned.

I doubt, if challenged in a court of law, it would hold up but then who's going to do that... you don't upset the cartel

• Like 1

3 hours ago, skydog said:

1 hour ago, iainb said:

I doubt, if challenged in a court of law, it would hold up but then who's going to do that... you don't upset the 

3 hours ago, skydog said:

“One club claimed “…..so nothing ‘ official ‘ at all.

4 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

“One club claimed “…..so nothing  official ‘ at all.

I'm sorry I dont have a signed copy straight from the BSPL but when a club are asked for permission to use their riders and that's their reply, it was taken to be true.

Given that nearly all the 'top riders' in this country don't ride in the Polish league, is it time to make the British Final the biggest meeting of the year and give it a Sunday afternoon date again? 

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

Given that nearly all the 'top riders' in this country don't ride in the Polish league, is it time to make the British Final the biggest meeting of the year and give it a Sunday afternoon date again? 

I'm guessing it's part of the Eurosport package otherwise there's no earthly way you'd hold it on a Monday night surely

They could still record it and play it on the Monday night but let the fans and riders have their day back. A Sunday afternoon might be better for a bigger crowd and youngsters. 

• Like 2