British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, Bunce said:

What idiot decided to show us the line up at the tapes from the rear? 

That was the most sensible piece of TV direction all night. Done because someone prepared ALL the captions from left to right instead of right to left.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Congratulations to Adam Ellis. I enjoyed the meeting with some fast & furious racing. Eurosport need to improve their camera work and drop the stupid idea of showing the line up from the back! What a stupid idea.

1 minute ago, arnieg said:

That was the most sensible piece of TV direction all night. Done because someone prepared ALL the captions from left to right instead of right to left.

Then the idiot who did the captions should be sacked! Almost like they have never seen a meeting before and don't know how its normally presented.

2 hours ago, jrs said:

I think it's time that Adam Ellis came through and took the championship. Be chuffed for him.

I know it's a bit rich quoting my own post, but well done Adam superb all night.

I just had a gut feeling it could be your night after watching you a few times this season. Keep the progress going, onwards and upwards.

Bet Johnny is chuffed to bits as well.

• Like 5

Fantastic meeting all races had great passing, well done Adam Ellis and all the riders for putting on a great show.

• Like 2

Pretty decent meeting and Ellis a worthy winner. Definitely a rider on the up.

As a Redcar fan pleased to see Charles on the rostrum again, wasn’t expecting much after he failed to win a race at home against Plymouth yesterday but finally made a few starts.

51 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

A shame Lambert and Woffinden hold British fans in contempt and can’t be arsed to come over for this one.

Possibly a bit harsh, as Rob has said on twitter that he wasn't offered a place.

• Like 1

Brilliant win for Adam.

Been superb for us at Sheffield this season, been a very under rated rider in my opinion. 

• Like 1

Congratulations Adam - really great to see him progress year on year. Plenty more to come too I hope :t:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, HenryW said:

Possibly a bit harsh, as Rob has said on twitter that he wasn't offered a place.

He wouldn’t have done it even if he had. 

54 minutes ago, Bunce said:

Then the idiot who did the captions should be sacked! Almost like they have never seen a meeting before and don't know how its normally presented.

I'm certain they wouldn't have!

34 minutes ago, HenryW said:

8 minutes ago, Rob B said:

He wouldn’t have done it even if he had. 

But isn't it just like the BSPA to think "Lambert & Woofinden won't ride, in the British Final, if we ask... so we won't ask".

Ekstraliga season for Lambert is almost over, one dead rubber to ride. Dunno on Elitserin, less interesting, but he certainly hasn't featured in every Lejonen meeting 

5 hours ago, BuxtonTiger said:

Who would fund the expense of Buxton coming back?

I understand all the problems highlighted by Mikebv. Re Buxton and IOW I just want to see the sport’s authorities trying to find some way to stage speedway, even if it is the kind of event staged on the Island (not that that would appeal to me much). 

There are problems of funding at all tracks in the UK I think.