Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

3 minutes ago, Col said:

But isn't it just like the BSPA to think "Lambert & Woofinden won't ride, in the British Final, if we ask... so we won't ask".

Ekstraliga season for Lambert is almost over, one dead rubber to ride. Dunno on Elitserin, less interesting, but he certainly hasn't featured in every Lejonen meeting 

I thought it was more of a case of ' well they don't ride in the British league, so no British Final for them..'

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I thought it was more of a case of ' well they don't ride in the British league, so no British Final for them..'

They probably asked the last 2 years and been turned down so didn’t bother asking this year. 

So it was an Aussie last year and worse this year with a Frenchman winning. 

Just kidding folks. Well done Adam you're the best of British tonight.

If we hadn't been shown so clearly, you'd hardly know it had rained. What a track that is. Roll on the SON.

1 hour ago, arnieg said:

That was the most sensible piece of TV direction all night. Done because someone prepared ALL the captions from left to right instead of right to left.

Just got back from the track, watched couple of heats, along with the cock up with the heat lineups, why every time the riders go down home straight do they switch to 2 stationary cameras on start line, must have missed so many overtakes down straight into first bend, just use the main camera and follow them round!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Bunce said:

Then the idiot who did the captions should be sacked! Almost like they have never seen a meeting before and don't know how its normally presented.

More faux moaning. Give it a rest.

I appeared on Eurosport tv :D, fame at last! :party: Good job I wasn't picking me nose! :rofl:

Was emailed a picture of me muggins captured in the posh seats! :party:

Eurosport shudve given me heads up coz I wudve put me best lippy & blusher on! :D

Well done to Champion Adam Ellis, once a Pirate always a Pirate :cheers:

And well done to all those that competed in the 2021 British Final. 

Excellent meeting! :t:

Edited by PirateShip

Must admit, for my moaning about Lambert being in there I thought he gave a fantastic account of himself. 

Great win for Ellis, was fantastic on the night! Such. A shame we don’t have the proper world team cup still in place he’d be a shoe in alongside Bewley for the final 2 places.

The only downside as always was the coverage, Pearson too busy telling us all that Ellis had rolled and talking about his mates to bother noticing what was happening. Rowe nearly had King 2/3 times in one heat and all that was mentioned was about how king needed points! Yawn. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

It’s all about decisions isn’t it, they both decided not to ride in the U.K this year

So I can understand the BSPL not including them in anything they organise, personally I wouldn’t include them in the SON or anything else for which the ACU/SCB get allocated places for, like the World and European Championships etc.

British places should go to riders who race in the U.K.

Edited by bigcatdiary
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

It’s all about decisions isn’t it, they both decided not to ride in the U.K this year

So I can understand the BSPL not including them in anything they organise, personally I wouldn’t include them in the SON or anything else for which the ACU/SCB get allocated places for, like the World and European Championships etc.

I wonder what the reaction would be if we went with Ellis and Bewley in the SON. They might not win it, but they'd have a damn good go.

Normally, I would go with Woffinden and Lambert but, in Adam and Dan, there are now a couple of riders who would benefit a great deal from riding in it and I'm sure they'd  be competitive.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

I get what you're saying and I have some sympathy for that point of view. But isn't that the route to fortress Britain and us having no future presence on the world stage? Just now, I'm guessing, like me, if Tai (or Robert) won the world championship, you'd be up there shouting your head off and singing the National Anthem?

• Like 1

You pick your best riders...

If that's Woffinden and Lambert then they ride...

The sport in the UK needs as much publicity as it can get so a SON win, in the UK, will give it some of that much needed publicity..

If Bewley and Ellis both qualify for the GP's though then I would think the selectors have some thinking to do...

But as it stands, given both Woffinden and Lambert more than hold their own at the very top of the sport in Poland, the GP's and the SEC, then they will be, quite rightly, in pole position..

As that experience of riding at the very top level week in week out will inevitably give them an edge..

Be good to see Ellis get a Polish top league position next year as I think he is as near as damn it ready, and a GP slot will make the top tier over there take notice without a doubt...

Pity he doesn't ride in the SEC too, as that will give him exposure to those who make the big decisions in Poland..

Riders like Zagar, C. Holder, Bjerre, and Lidsey are all similar in standard to him...

And,, as seen last night, so too is Dan Bewley.. (Although in a completely different environment from racing in Poland with all the pressures to perform granted)..

Its just good to have four riders either already at world level, or getting very close to it...

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, mikebv said:

You pick your best riders...

If that's Woffinden and Lambert then they ride...

The sport in the UK needs as much publicity as it can get so a SON win, in the UK, will give it some of that much needed publicity..

If Bewley and Ellis both qualify for the GP's though then I would think the selectors have some thinking to do...

But as it stands, given both Woffinden and Lambert more than hold their own at the very top of the sport in Poland, the GP's and the SEC, then they will be, quite rightly, in pole position..

As that experience of riding at the very top level week in week out will inevitably give them an edge..

Be good to see Ellis get a Polish top league position next year as I think he is as near as damn it ready, and a GP slot will make the top tier over there take notice without a doubt...

Pity he doesn't ride in the SEC too, as that will give him exposure to those who make the big decisions in Poland..

Riders like Zagar, C. Holder, Bjerre, and Lidsey are all similar in standard to him...

And,, as seen last night, so too is Dan Bewley.. (Although in a completely different environment from racing in Poland with all the pressures to perform granted)..

Its just good to have four riders either already at world level, or getting very close to it...

time for Britain to get more involved in staging SEC and GP qualifying rounds in addition to age group championships

• Like 5

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

So Jadon Sancho shouldn't have been picked for England during the time he played for Borussia Dortmund?  Nonsense.  If you're English you're English no matter where you ply your trade.

• Like 3