British Speedway Forum

12 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

I disagree, he's having machinery problems at the moment.  ALL riders go through 'poor' patches for whatever reason and most (not all) recover from them once they isolate the issue. Tai is still in the top 6 in the world champs. don't forget...

Oh and well done Adam Ellis :t:

It's also easy to forget, of course, that Robert Lambert is actually younger than Adam Ellis.

in the dying embers of British speedway , how many times will a championship rider win the premiership riders championship ?  :o

Well done Adam Ellis fully deserved win, a good meeting overall and good performances from Nicholls, Harris, and Howarth who havent always been great around the NSS, Lambert also gave a good account of himself as he did guesting for us, hope Wright can find that form for the Aces from here on in.

24 minutes ago, jenga said:

Edited by iainb

13 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Set up perfectly for Bewley on his home track.  Reasonable meeting with a few decent races. A shame Lambert and Woffinden hold British fans in contempt and can’t be arsed to come over for this one.

Someone asked him why he wasnt at the British Final on twitter. His reply was 'I wasnt invited'.

19 minutes ago, BobC said:

Someone asked him why he wasnt at the British Final on twitter. His reply was 'I wasnt invited'.

I saw that - disgraceful if true

44 minutes ago, jenga said:

in the dying embers of British speedway , how many times will a championship rider win the premiership riders championship ?  :o

Explain? This was the British Final for a start, nothing to do with leagues. 

2 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

I am talking U.K. speedway which if you haven’t already have noticed isn’t in the same position as a lot of other sports in this country.

Their should be consequences for not riding in your domestic league and that’s my opinion, riders are clear to make their own choices, I don’t have a problem with any British rider riding abroad but I think they should put the U.K. ahead of other countries if circumstances or other rules suggest they are limited to how many leagues they can do.

Your opinion is fine, but it's wrong

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Set up perfectly for Bewley on his home track.  Reasonable meeting with a few decent races. A shame Lambert and Woffinden hold British fans in contempt and can’t be arsed to come over for this one.

More lies with no evidence & proved wrong, when will you stop????

1 hour ago, Grachan said:

I have no problem with having Woffinden and Lambert in the SON, and they probably give us the best chance of winning it. Having said that, picking Bewley and Ellis would definitely have a long-term benefit and might also give riders an incentive to keep riding in the UK once they hit World Class.

I wouldn't normally consider going without the two GP riders, but I think we now have a couple of really useful riders and would be happy to see them represent us. I think the crowd might feel a greater attachment to them too.

It would be a bold decision, but one I feel might get a lot of support.

Absolutely not supported by me. I am really concerned though with Woffinden & Lambert, seriously lacking speed in the GP's but I can't see Ellis & Bewley's equipment being any better racing at that level. 

Put Ellis & Bewley in the SON & we finish last it may do untold damage to them & the youngsters following. 

Currently, Woffinden & Lambert are the rider's the youngsters should be looking up to, to be as good as if not better. Not Bewley & Ellis currently. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ch958 said:

I saw that - disgraceful if true

He wouldn’t have ridden even if invited just like the last 2 years. 

51 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Your opinion is fine, but it's wrong

Pure quality.  Love it :t:

2 hours ago, chris4gillian said:

Whilst I do agree with what you say in principle, if you have any intentions of winning at world level you've got to go with your two best riders and that without doubt is Tai and Lambo.  Bewley and Ellis both have many years ahead of them (assuming they stay serious injury free) and their time will come.

You know, it occurs to me that when we finally get a world team competition as opposed to a pairs competition, we have half a chance of fielding a competitive side again. 
Wow, I've lived long enough to see us in the ascendancy again, like when Ivan Mauger and Barry Briggs rode for Britain

14 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Reasonable........more like one of the best meetings this year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rob B said:

He wouldn’t have ridden even if invited just like the last 2 years. 

He has now tweeted to say it's a shame he wasn't involved and to congratulate Adam. So maybe he would have.

• Like 1