British Speedway Forum

British Final at NSS is always an excellent spectacle. The riders obviously like the track and for the fan the action is fast and furious. Ellis was excellent last night and has been riding well in both PL and CL so fully deserved taking the titke + looked very quick. Seemed like a decent bet at 8/1 !!! Bewley was  short favourite but as Crumpie said on the microphone he needs to sharpen up his gating but can't doubt his speed when he gets to the front. Impressed with Howarth who gave it a right go on the night + Charles Wright who seemed much quicker and competitive in comparison to the meetings on the TV. Nicholls and Harris both had their moments which was good to see. 

Disappointments on the night was Danny King who had an off night and as an Eagles fan Lawson and Kerr just a little short on the night.  

18 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I thought it was more of a case of ' well they don't ride in the British league, so no British Final for them..'

Andy Smith rode a few British Finals while "Unattached" in the 90's. He may even have won one of them.

Sure Woffinden won a championship at Monmore one year, it was his first visit to these shores since the start of the Ekstraliga.

5 hours ago, topaz325 said:

Reasonable........more like one of the best meetings this year.

Just reasonable, for supposedly the best track in Europe it's a pity the inside gates had such a big advantage, Scotty had no chance in final from gate 4,  No gate 4 second bend cut backs either just went wide

25 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Just reasonable, for supposedly the best track in Europe it's a pity the inside gates had such a big advantage, Scotty had no chance in final from gate 4,  No gate 4 second bend cut backs either just went wide

I must have been watching another meeting.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chris4gillian said:

Pure quality.  Love it :t:

No such thing as a wrong opinion though. 

3 hours ago, Grachan said:

He has now tweeted to say it's a shame he wasn't involved and to congratulate Adam. So maybe he would have.

Typical. Gets invited doesn't want to. Doesn't get invited now does want to. Is he a child??! 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Typical. Gets invited doesn't want to. Doesn't get invited now does want to. Is he a child??! 

I get the feeling you are the kind if character who could start an argument in an empty room :D

Rightly or wrongly I would suspect that Lambert & Woffinden have turned it down in the past because they don't  have machines/mechanics over here and/or they will have ridden in Poland the day before and will be in Sweden the day after. It's a great pity and I think they should make the effort really but can kind of understand why they haven't, this year would have been an ideal opportunity to get some laps at the NSS before SoN but there you go. 

7 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Explain? This was the British Final for a start, nothing to do with leagues. 

the question is not hard .

55 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

No such thing as a wrong opinion though. 

Did a female really post that?? :D:D:D

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, jenga said:

the question is not hard .

Actually it is. Those likely to win the PRC are Prem rider's being allowed to double down. 

There's not 1 rider of Champ standard going to win the PRC

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

I get the feeling you are the kind if character who could start an argument in an empty room :D

Rightly or wrongly I would suspect that Lambert & Woffinden have turned it down in the past because they don't  have machines/mechanics over here and/or they will have ridden in Poland the day before and will be in Sweden the day after. It's a great pity and I think they should make the effort really but can kind of understand why they haven't, this year would have been an ideal opportunity to get some laps at the NSS before SoN but there you go. 

Probably! lol But wasn't trying to start an argument, it was a rhoetical question tbh!

I remember Tai turned it down when they tried to put him in one of the qualifying rounds when they did that. Was a few years ago. If you keep turning down invites then eventually you stop getting invited!

45 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

Did a female really post that?? :D:D:D

Are you being sexist? Another rheotical question btw.  ;):D

7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Probably! lol But wasn't trying to start an argument, it was a rhoetical question tbh!

I remember Tai turned it down when they tried to put him in one of the qualifying rounds when they did that. Was a few years ago. If you keep turning down invites then eventually you stop getting invited!

My guess is that they both don't do it because they have to ride the semi final, where as this year it was on invite only so Robert at least wanted to ride.  I don't see the issue with them not being asked, can't have it both ways.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Actually it is. Those likely to win the PRC are Prem rider's being allowed to double down. 

There's not 1 rider of Champ standard going to win the PRC

Err , Adam Ellis has just wont it . as did cook .as did roo boy  while riding in the upper crust league  . be honest ,the riders that are doing both leagues SHOULD  be doing it the top league only . it now looks as though the championship is stronger than the crusty league without  bigger wage bills .

if riders can ride on cheaper rater in the so called lower league , they can do it in the top league as well !.

16 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Me? Sexist? If I was the wife would batter me :lol:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On invite only I think there was a decent chance both would have ridden. I certainly think Lambert would have. But when you’re invited previously and turn it down, then eventually the invites stop, although I fully support both of them for stepping away from the British Final.

A decent meeting overall. Surprised by Ellis, but well deserved. Bewley had forgotten how to gate, which is odd given he’s been a lot sharper lately from the tapes. Wright was miles quicker, and clearly had less pressure without an ace on his chest.

Dissapointed in Cook, King and Lawson who were all well off it.