British Speedway Forum

Still no Brennan, u21 champ and on his home (second home) track but Lambert does get in? 

Baffling 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Howcome Simon Lambert gets the gig, what about Starke who’s reserve? And Brennan?

11 minutes ago, DJC said:

Still no Brennan, u21 champ and on his home (second home) track but Lambert does get in? 

Baffling 

It's done on 2019 averages one suspects, the only way it can be done fairly without qualifiers. That said I'm sure the majority of people would prefer to see what Brennan can do.

13 hours ago, Technik said:

I'm suprised Woffinden & Lambert have not taken the chance to use this meeting as a practice for the SoN which is on the same track

I'm surprised that Lambert isn't in this meeting full stop. Considering he hasn't won it u would've thought he would want to av a crack at it.

Tai certainly wouldn't need to practice on the track now as there will be a practice a day or so prior to the SON final. This will also be the same for Robert. 

It's a shame that they both don't compete in the British Final especially with Robert at the moment. 

I do understand Tai's reasoning why he doesn't do it and he as a choice.The main thing is the way speedway as developed with for example the Grand Prix and the qualifying system. The British Final, as we know, is no longer a part of the qualifying system so when you've won it 3 times wot is there left to prove especially when he doesn't ride over here anymore. 

Edited by PirateShip

27 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

I'm surprised that Lambert isn't in this meeting full stop. Considering he hasn't won it u would've thought he would want to av a crack at it.

Tai certainly wouldn't need to practice on the track now as there will be a practice a day or so prior to the SON final. This will also be the same for Robert. 

It's a shame that they both don't compete in the British Final especially with Robert at the moment. 

I do understand Tai's reasoning why he doesn't do it and he as a choice.The main thing is the way speedway as developed with for example the Grand Prix and the qualifying system. The British Final, as we know, is no longer a part of the qualifying system so when you've won it 3 times wot is there left to prove especially when he doesn't ride over here anymore. 

not invited i presume as he cant be bothered to ride in his own country just an opinion

38 minutes ago, ray c said:

not invited i presume as he cant be bothered to ride in his own country just an opinion

I don't think it's a case of 'can't be bothered', it's more a financial (over the course of a season) decision now that he's based in Poland.  In addition there are the current COVID travel restrictions which make travelling between Poland and the UK more difficult hence the lack of foreign riders currently riding in the UK.

The situation is probably similar for Robert.

Edited by chris4gillian
  • Like 1

Robert Lambert won the British title in 2018.

The meeting should be compulsory for all riders that hold an ACU license if invited.

Imagine a Pole missing the Polish Final without good reason.  Back in the day a rider would have copped a ban for missing the British Final, shame the powers that be have become so weak.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

15 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

Poland.  In addition there are the current COVID travel restrictions which make travelling between Poland and the UK more difficult hence the lack of foreign riders currently riding in the UK.

Does not seam to affect Dan bewley every week !!!

• Like 3

Paul Bowen is now reserve according to his Instagram

24 minutes ago, CB252 said:

Robert Lambert won the British title in 2018.

The meeting should be compulsory for all riders that hold an ACU license if invited.

Imagine a Pole missing the Polish Final without good reason.  Back in the day a rider would have copped a ban for missing the British Final, shame the powers that be have become so weak.

Oh yeah, oops!  Have edited accordingly :t:  And how do we know Tai and/or Robert were invited?

Plenty of Poles don't do the Polish final each year.  There would be about 50 riders competing in it if they all did it!

Edited by chris4gillian

10 minutes ago, Neila said:

Personal choice financial wise I guess.  He also hasn't won the British final as of yet which is an incentive Tai and Robert don't have.

6 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

Oh yeah, oops!  Have edited accordingly :t:

Plenty of Poles don't do the Polish final each year.  There would be about 50 riders competing in it if they all did it!

think you missed the without good reason bit

39 minutes ago, Neila said:

At the moment :t:

Tough choice between Bewley and Ellis for the win in the end went for a top four of 

Bewley

Ellis

Cook

Harris.

well see...