British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

Brummies v Bandits 18/08

2 hours ago, Osirian08 said:

9 heats for a Birmingham 2nd half is pushing their luck just a tad when the curfew is 10pm

Along with their apparent 21 heat restriction, I don't think this has been thought through!

BIRMINGHAM: Erik Riss, Valentin Grobauer, James Shanes, Ashley Morris, Chris Harris, Paco Castagna, Jack Thomas.

BERWICK: Tom Brennan, Leon Flint, Jye Etheridge, Dany Gappmaier, Aaron Summers, Kasper Andersen, Kyle Bickley.

Track conditions will decide this one.....

Slick and dusty = Berwick

Grippy and well prepared = B'ham

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

Track conditions will decide this one.....

Slick and dusty = Berwick

Grippy and well prepared = B'ham

It’s been slick and dusty most weeks hasn’t it? :unsure: 

I'm very hopeful of a win on the night.

I'm hoping that the track has been very well watered in days before and that the expected dry night materialises

I'm very worried about football pulling some away, especially Baggies fans.

After the "make or break" 2 weeks ago and the hastily arranged "local derby" last week (when I'd say crowds were around 800 mark) this is the bread and butter core supporter type of match.

We've been lucky too that last couple of away matches have been rained off so coffers should have been replenished. How much though and how big the crowd is tonight may be a wake up call again.

Hard choice for Masons if crowds are below what they need as they've surely thrown last dice, and have more away fixtures on horizon ? 1 at home and 4 away rest of the month.

Fingers and toes crossed.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bandits4eva said:

Slick, dusty and BUMPY  most weeks judging by reports.

On 8/16/2021 at 3:14 PM, False dawn said:

Can I say, I'm a neutral when it comes to this fixture. I am, however fairly local, living in Rugby and temporarily supporting Leicester until the Bees return.

I would hate to see another speedway go to the wall (it is a subject on which I am familiar) and would consider attending this fixture simply to show my support. Not to mention watching a bit more speedway.
But, and it's a big but, I was at Perry Barr last Wednesday. The track was poor to say the least and the dust from heat 1 was a disgrace. Such things can happen as a one off I know but there is evidence that the track was not much different the week before. Sorry, but if there is a real risk that the track is going to be the same this Wednesday I'll stay home. I've got 3 meetings planned for the weekend anyway.

I'm 100% in the same situation as you, except I live in Leicester. I went to the Redcar re-opening match and the Leicester match, both times the track was unacceptably dusty, I may have gone along to this to support the sport in the city had the basics been done in either of these matches, as the basics weren't done, I'm sorry to say I shall stay at home and watch a movie.

• Like 1

After last night's disaster "things can only get better'.

2 hours ago, Bandits4eva said:

Unfortunately....but after last week, one can only hope/presume that it's better prepared this week....

Berwick don't really have a "big hitter" unlike Kent & Leicester, especially with a rising star guesting for their #1, no excuses for Riss tonight must get a big score.

9 minutes ago, Col said:

Berwick don't really have a "big hitter" unlike Kent & Leicester, especially with a rising star guesting for their #1, no excuses for Riss tonight must get a big score.

That rising star played a massive part in us beating Poole! Not expecting a huge score considering he’s riding at no.1 but I’m more than happy with seeing him in our team line up again. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Col said:

Not a rising star in this league though. Pushing a near 7 average come the new month!

Brennan is a class act around PB.....he's guested for us in the past and beat some big hitters!

It might have been mentioned somewhere on here, and its bound to be on our official site but why is NBJ missing tonight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1