British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

Brummies v Bandits 18/08

16 hours ago, Col said:

With 10 mins before parade, crowd does seem to have dwindled. With Albion playing a couple of miles away, not unexpected.

First visit to Brum this season and took the Missus for her first ever taste of Speedway on shale, met up with my old mucker known to most of you as "Fanpower" and his partner, Firstly the Track looked like it had had plenty of water on beforehand and it rode well throughout the whole meeting just a few bits of dust towards the end but i would say normal for a Speedway meeting in mid August, with just a few bumps to be ironed out on the 1st/2nd bends, seems the new curator John Priest aided by Terry the Track and i heard over the tannoy some assistance from some of Wolves Track Staff they seem to have soon got to grips with what needed sorting out, well done to them.

Berwick are always going to struggle in the latter heats with the way there team is made up no out and out No1, Leon Flint was the star for them obviously aided by having spent time riding for the Brummies, always in the mix except for the nominated race where he seemed happy watching from the rear, young Brennan rode was good value for his seven points and seemed upset by Riss appearing to goad him at the finish line in Heat 13, Summers was well Summers, never threatened the Brum heat leaders and only gained points at the expence of reserves or failed to finish, simply not good enough, Anderson was in the mix in most of his races i like him at least he tries though his equipment seems to let him down at times, and boy doesnt he take it out on his machinery to everyones amusement when it does, Etheridge needs to learn how to stay on his bike for 4 laps he lost several points through falls but again he is a trier and can never fault any rider for that, Gappmaier never was just a steady eddy type of rider, and young Kyle Bickley i will be kind and just say he was off the pace.

For the Brummies i would say Harris was the stand out performer for me, always as everyone knows gives 110% but i dont know what bike he was on for his 3rd race but it seemed way down on speed than what he showed in his other races, Riss was way to fast for the Berwick riders and deserved his paid maximum, Shanesy like Harris good value for his 9 points but he wont always have it so easy, Paco steady but does like to ride the white line to the detriment of his points score at times, Grobauer he needs to sort out his machinery otherwise he will continue to struggle,  Ash having seen him ride many times over the years he seems to me to be way down on confidence yes he got a heat win in his last ride but he really should be doing better than he did last night, Thomas rode well for his points scored in every race you can ask no more than that from a young rider.

Birmingham City FC and WBA were both at home last night so the crowd was always going to be affected, i would hazard a guess at there being around 500 and deffo no more than 600 watching last night, well done for giving the kids something to do during the interval whether or not its enough to get them back only time will tell, personally for me as a neutral punter something is missing, maybe its Cradley ;).

5 hours ago, *JJ said:

He was only up against Berwick this time; and had a better engine, apparently. Berwick had Leon Flint - who scored a third of the team's points himself - but had no answer to Harris and Riss.

Brennan wasn't so far off Riss in heat 13.

3 hours ago, heathen52 said:

For the Brummies i would say Harris was the stand out performer for me, always as everyone knows gives 110% but i dont know what bike he was on for his 3rd race but it seemed way down on speed than what he showed in his other races

Harris rode a bike with red coverings in the his first 3 rides and a bike that matched his leathers - what I assume is his normal bike - in his finial two rides.  The red bike recorded the quickest heat time this reason in heat 4.

16 minutes ago, Col said:

Harris rode a bike with red coverings in the his first 3 rides and a bike that matched his leathers - what I assume is his normal bike - in his finial two rides.  The red bike recorded the quickest heat time this reason in heat 4.

Fastest time around Birmingham since 2014 apparently, so credit to the track curator for getting it in excellent condition! 

1 hour ago, Col said:

clutch went on bike in heat 11 but he got it going but too late to catch the Bandits duo then jumped on 2nd bike for last two rides

4 hours ago, Col said:

But still behind him.