British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn Stars v Sheffield Tigers 19/08/21

Sheffield are back in town on Thursday, with the newly crowned British Champ.

Last time the Tigers were in town, they won by 8 points, with Josh Pickering scoring 12:blink: and Adam Ellis 5( 2 competed rides). With Heeps and Wells scoring 4 between them for us..

I'm hoping Pickering won't have such a good meeting this time round, cause Adam Ellis will be buzzing, and will probably score big. 

We need TJ back to his best this week, Erik to continue the form he showed last week, and around 10 from Ben and Kasper to stand a chance of wining this one i think.

Thoughts...

Edited by Bald Bloke
spelling

Ellis must be a doubt for this one.Withdrawn down at Plymouth tonight and has withdrawn form the meeting at Poole tomorrow night.It's a shame after just becoming British Champion,it would have been nice for him to take the applause of the many fans he would have been in front of over the next few days.

Dont think you will see Adam Ellis hes withrawn injured at Plymouth tonight has already said not riding at Poole Wednesday so with GP challenge coming up think he will miss Lynn Thursday also,   

4 hours ago, tellboy said:

Ellis must be a doubt for this one.Withdrawn down at Plymouth tonight and has withdrawn form the meeting at Poole tomorrow night.It's a shame after just becoming British Champion,it would have been nice for him to take the applause of the many fans he would have been in front of over the next few days.

What a shame for Adam, after his great performance at the BF. I was looking forward to him maybe having a lap of honour. I hope he is fit enough to ride, but it looks in doubt. If he can’t make it back,then it will probably be a guest from the Panthers. All are below Adams average.

I see Scunthorpe are using R/R for Jorgensen tonight.He bent his fingers when they got caught in Pedersen's wheel last night.Must be another injury doubt for tomorrow.If he is out,any of the Peterborough riders will fit.

Edited by tellboy

Jorgensen was due to miss the Poole match for Scunthorpe due to danish commitments so if he doesn't ride overseas then he must be doubtful for thurs

If any rider can guest its a measure of the compact team that Peterborough have when a team second in the league can provide any rider for a team in sixth 

Edited by scoobydoo

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

Jorgensen was due to miss the Poole match for Scunthorpe due to danish commitments so if he doesn't ride overseas then he must be doubtful for thurs

If any rider can guest its a measure of the compact team that Peterborough have when a team second in the league can provide any rider for a team in sixth 

Only with the inclusion of the 5% for a home meeting can we have your top two,otherwise it would have been anyone from the other 5.Before anyone says,i know Ostergaard is injured.

Think Lynn fans would be happy to see Toft guest imo if Jorgensen wasn't fit.

Edit:Just seen he is included in his Danish team for their match tonight so hopefully he will be ok.

Edited by tellboy

Has anybody heard if Adam Ellis and Jorgensen are  riding tonight. ? I’ve not seen anything to suggest either way. 

25 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

Has anybody heard if Adam Ellis and Jorgensen are  riding tonight. ? I’ve not seen anything to suggest either way. 

Jorgensen rode last night in Denmark and scored well, so would think he will be there tonight. Ellis i would think is doubtful.

1 hour ago, Charlieboy said:

Per this forum, Scunthorpe are using a guest for Ellis Friday, so presumably he won't race tonight.

1 hour ago, RS50 said:

Per this forum, Scunthorpe are using a guest for Ellis Friday, so presumably he won't race tonight.

That's more than likely to do with the Gp challenge on Saturday afternoon I would assume.Wouldnt have time to race Friday then get to the challenge. 

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site please? If so,  could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile phone number. 

Thanks 

3 hours ago, Charlieboy said:

Harris in for Ellis tonight 

4 hours ago, mrss said:

Jorgensen rode last night in Denmark and scored well, so would think he will be there tonight. Ellis i would think is doubtful.

No Ellis tonight....Chris Harris guesting for the Tigers