British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn Stars v Sheffield Tigers 19/08/21

1 minute ago, KingoftheTrack said:

KL to win.

If the rumours are true that Batchelor has been sacked for Chris Holder but he's staying in the team for tonight then I doubt he'll put any effort in tbh.

That wont be anything new

2 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

KL to win.

If the rumours are true that Batchelor has been sacked for Chris Holder but he's staying in the team for tonight then I doubt he'll put any effort in tbh.

If Troy had been sacked would he really be riding ??? However after all this is Speedway so anything can happen.

Batch sacked for Holder? Something ironic about that and tonight’s match. 

• Like 1

Still looking for a texter for this meeting,  is anyone able to help please?

Thanks 

I would say all this chat about Holder's imminent arrival are a little off the mark.

Whilst this weekend should most likely be Chris' last action for Torun this year, if they lose and other results go against them then Torun could still find themselves in the relegation play offs, unless rules over there have changed this year, and therefore would not be released from his duties in Poland for a few more weeks

1 hour ago, Heathcote said:

I would say all this chat about Holder's imminent arrival are a little off the mark.

Whilst this weekend should most likely be Chris' last action for Torun this year, if they lose and other results go against them then Torun could still find themselves in the relegation play offs, unless rules over there have changed this year, and therefore would not be released from his duties in Poland for a few more weeks

No relegation playoffs in Poland this year. Holder is free to ride in UK after Friday.

As much as I like Batch, I wouldn't really blame Sheffield for trying to get Chris Holder in the team. Hardly going to do any worse. Good move by Sheffield to put Batch at no2 tonight though, should get something in H8?

Edit - also some riders when struggling want to quit the team, maybe Batch has asked to do that? But they wanted him to stay til Chris is ready...? I remember it happening with Josh G and Bjarne. Also Richie Worrall i think did have a convo with Matt once about if you want to replace me i understand (or words similar). But luckily Josh and Richie were convinced to stay and their form improved. Maybe that happened with Batch too but hasn't been able to sort it out. Which is weird considering his form is good for Kent. 

Edited by lisa-colette

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

As much as I like Batch, I wouldn't really blame Sheffield for trying to get Chris Holder in the team. Hardly going to do any worse. Good move by Sheffield to put Batch at no2 tonight though, should get something in H8?

Also gets his rides out of the way by Heat 8

8 minutes ago, therefused said:

Some rain at the track apparently, no track work going on at the minute from what i hear

Doesn't look promising

• Sad 1

Well they're warming the bikes up. Maybe giving it a go

I often feel there should be a limit to how long the paying public should be asked to stand around waiting for a meeting to start. I understand all the ramifications only too well but it must be a miserable experience for the fans tonight.

• Like 3

Just now, therefused said:

Meeting off, apparently Chapman has announced the club is up for sale too 

Toys thrown out of pram - nothing new there 

• Like 6