British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn Stars v Sheffield Tigers 19/08/21

38 minutes ago, tellboy said:

If he thinks too much about the risks he is taking,it's time he got out of speedway.

Nice to hear Bomber thinking about the fans,wish some others would follow his lead.

That might well be the case with Kerr all I’m saying his crash at Pboro and nearly losing his life might well have had an effect on him wanting to ride or not last night . 

I think Buster will ok once he's calm down , quite clearly he  got upset about last nights events and made a heat of the moment statement ...Kl and Boro like most speedway clubs are worthless and impossible to sell in fact you cant give them away as they  just lose money thou buster might do ok at KL as he's got less overheards etc 

I expect he will carry on running at  Kl next year and drop Boro putting them at peril of ever running again .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, orion said:

I think Buster will ok once he's calm down , quite clearly he  got upset about last nights events and made a heat of the moment statement ...Kl and Boro like most speedway clubs are worthless and impossible to sell in fact you cant give them away as they  just lose money thou buster might do ok at KL as he's got less overheards etc 

I expect he will carry on running at  Kl next year and drop Boro putting them at peril of ever running again .

Yep , just a bit more bluster from Buster, he is a little prone to it.:D

What happened to putting sawdust down on a wet track? 

Back in the day.........many a meeting was saved because of the good old sawdust. 

Ok, the first 2 or 3 heats were a bit difficult for the riders but after that.....job's a good un. :t:

Edited by PirateShip

14 hours ago, firstbend said:

Looks like one big league next season then!

And still won’t be enough quality riders for that to happen tho. 

• Like 1

With Buster saying next week will be his last meeting at Kings Lynn does this mean he is pulling the plug without completing the season ?

Surely that will be a fine coming his way.   Still that’s what the man said.  He is a man of his word I’m sure.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, orion said:

If he runs speedway just at Peterborough  it would free up more week day dates to increase the stock car fixtures thus making him more money from running stocks

Dale Allitt and Rob Lyon plus Richard Greer run the promotion at Peterborough with either him if he wants to be involved or another doing the track prep  

6 minutes ago, semion said:

With Buster saying next week will be his last meeting at Kings Lynn does this mean he is pulling the plug without completing the season ?

Surely that will be a fine coming his way.   Still that’s what the man said.  He is a man of his word I’m sure.

Think thats only if he gets someone to take over the running of the club

I don’t think he is bluffing this time.  He has transformed the stadium and now he probably feels it’s a good time to retire and get away from all the hassle of running a speedway club.  

19 minutes ago, semion said:

You know what he meant semion.Don't know why you have to keep stirring.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

What happened to putting sawdust down on a wet track? 

Back in the day.........many a meeting was saved because of the good old sawdust. 

Ok, the first 2 or 3 heats were a bit difficult for the riders but after that.....job's a good un. :t:

Today’s high revving lay down engines don’t perform on well on sawdust apparently and become even more dangerous.

Some riders have the skills to adjust but a lot would not.

22 minutes ago, tellboy said:

You know what he meant semion.Don't know why you have to keep stirring.

I’m only going by what the man said.  At the moment he is calling it a day after next week.  Unless you know something different. You may want to 2nd guess what he does or doesn’t mean.  I’m just taking it at face value

Edited by semion

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

And still won’t be enough quality riders for that to happen tho. 

I know of at least one promoter that put forward the "one league with teams of 5 riders (as Denmark)" proposal for this current season, although voted down at the time, I won't be surprised if it surfaces again at the November AGM?!

• Like 1

Just now, Skidder1 said:

I know of at least one promoter that put forward the "one league with teams of 5 riders (as Denmark)" proposal for this current season, although voted down at the time, I won't be surprised if it surfaces again at the November AGM?!

That has to be better than what we currently have but how many riders who are used to doubling up would pack it in without the extra income?

• Like 1