British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn Stars v Sheffield Tigers 19/08/21

6 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

May be the referee had somewhere else to be & needed to leave by 9.30

tenor.gif

He was worried about getting excluded from ...........

8 hours ago, Trees said:

No, it could've been taken either way tbf ........ why would the ref not want to get the meeting on if at all possible. We thought a few of the guys might give it a go after all the preparation and the fans waiting ......

I'm not sure what the rules say about riders taking to the track before racing starts, obviously we see riders on their bikes on parade but as for actually putting some laps in at racing speed I don't know where we stand. In all of my 44 years watching the sport I have only ever seen riders test the track once and that was one Good Friday morning at Oxford vs Cradley Heath. It was called off because the riders "couldn't turn their bikes" due to track conditions. After it was called off a few riders went out and did some practicing, if my memory serves me!

32 minutes ago, iainb said:

I'm not sure what the rules say about riders taking to the track before racing starts, obviously we see riders on their bikes on parade but as for actually putting some laps in at racing speed I don't know where we stand. In all of my 44 years watching the sport I have only ever seen riders test the track once and that was one Good Friday morning at Oxford vs Cradley Heath. It was called off because the riders "couldn't turn their bikes" due to track conditions. After it was called off a few riders went out and did some practicing, if my memory serves me!

I think it also happened when Poole were at Oxford when they had Hancock and Fisher in the team (but it may have been at Poole tbh) and practice laps were done. I remember Greg doing the lap for Oxford but not sure who did it for Poole. I'm pretty sure it went ahead but can't remember 100%. I think a rider from each team did 4 laps each.  Also good for telling the track staff if any more work needs to be done on the track or if enough has been done. 

Well maybe the ref needs to be allowed the option for the good of the sport.

I often think, for the good of speedway, that riders should ALWAYS be allowed practice before a meeting starts then we wouldn't get the processional first few heats ....

• Like 2

apropos of nothing I was just reading this morning that Kings Lynn FC charge £26 admission. Saddlebow Road is a relative bargain! However they will play in the rain

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

May be the referee had somewhere else to be & needed to leave by 9.30

tenor.gif

I know the ref is getting on a bit now but someone needs to remind him most Mcdonalds are open 24hrs now.

Ref would never over-rule if the riders said they didn't want to ride.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

For the non Stars fans.. These pics are from the Stars visit to Wolves on 9/8/21. After Buster had bladed Lynns, it looked in better shape than this ..... No falls in this meeting either. I would be miffed if i was Buster..

May be an image of motorcycle and outdoors

May be an image of one or more people, motorcycle and outdoors

What difference do you see in material that's the problem imo.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Warriors said:

What difference do you see in material that's the problem imo.

I suspect he was a few stops past miffed.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2021 at 9:18 AM, iainb said:

I remember that meeting.  The Oxford riders purposely went out to prove that the track was rideable even if a Cradley rider had unfortunately been injured.

• Like 1

In this instance I’m glad it was just another childish rant from Buster with no substance to it. Looking forward to my visits with the Aces in the seasons to come. 

1 hour ago, ouch said:

In this instance I’m glad it was just another childish rant from Buster with no substance to it. Looking forward to my visits with the Aces in the seasons to come. 

Buster and dale are the biggest cry babies in speedway 

36 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

Rearranged for Thursday 9 th September 

So what was the away match for Lynn has now become the home match.So when do we ride at Sheffield now?

I managed to get cover for all the fixtures this year,costing me a small fortune in the process.But I might not bother for this one as i did get cover at the start of the season as originally this was a home meeting.A couple of months or so ago it was changed so I told the person it's OK now.I don't think I will go asking again it would be a bit embarrassing.

Edited by tellboy