British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn Stars v Sheffield Tigers 19/08/21

2 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

That has to be better than what we currently have but how many riders who are used to doubling up would pack it in without the extra income?

they'd have 2ce as many meetings obviously so it should even out, plus more rides per meeting if i understand the Danish format correctly. I think this is the way to go.

1 hour ago, PirateShip said:

What happened to putting sawdust down on a wet track? 

Back in the day.........many a meeting was saved because of the good old sawdust. 

Ok, the first 2 or 3 heats were a bit difficult for the riders but after that.....job's a good un. :t:

agree but they weren't riding uncontrollable rockets then

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

That has to be better than what we currently have but how many riders who are used to doubling up would pack it in without the extra income?

Depends on the set up. 1 big league can only be viable if they can get at least 40+ meetings a season

15 hours ago, tyke said:

Which is hearsay, yet not ONE KL proved otherwise that they did but taking to the track.

The team manager told me that. Hearsay is it? Ben Barker has said he offered to go out, but the ref said no. Ask him yourself.....

Anyway let all hope Buster changes his mind. As it will have a knock on effect.

Edited by Bald Bloke

1 hour ago, semion said:

I’m only going by what the man said.  At the moment he is calling it a day after next week.  Unless you know something different. You may want to 2nd guess what he does or doesn’t mean.  I’m just taking it at face value

You know he meant the end of the season.He obviously wasn't thinking about this fixture having to be re-arranged at the time.It's a bit like a couple of fans outside wasn't going to pay to come in as they couldn't make next week so thought they would lose their money.They said it without thinking of the re-arrangement too.You are just stirring things up like you do on many occasions.

15 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

The team manager told me that. Hearsay is it? Ben Barker has said he offered to go out, but the ref said no.

Ben Barker looked well up for it.

• Like 1

This was at an U23 meeting a couple of weeks ago, the racing was actually pretty good 

• Like 4

Buster is Buster, ihavnt always seen eye to eye with what he does,but on this occasion you really should take his view on board if no one is willing to get out on the track and see.He must have close on 30 years worth of experience,so if he tells you the track is raceable,and no other option to test the track is taken up,surely you would give it a go,at least for the fans.ALSO cant you detune these so called rocket ships speedway bikes or even have a sysyem where you can get the engine in the old upright position if aload to do so.

Edited by speedwaysliders

5 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Eastbourne had 3k for stock cars last weekend. It would take at least 4 speedway meetings to match that attendance. It's easy money compared to running the bikes.

It's a bad prognosis for Speedway then...as that's something like 3,000 @ £20 each (? just a guess for entry but will be near enough) = £60, 000 gate receipts...very nice income indeed. Outgoings? .I've no idea what stock car drivers earn........has anyone?

But let's say at each meeting there are about 20/30 cars partaking?......say they take £1000 each that still leaves a good profit......speedway can't compete financially with the 'stocks' and promoters know it.......so sadly...bye speedway.

11 minutes ago, speedwaysliders said:

Buster is Buster, ihavnt always seen eye to eye with what he does,but on this occasion you really should take his view on board if no one is willing to get out on the track and see.He must have close on 30 years worth of experience,so if he tells you the track is raceable,and no other option to test the track is taken up,surely you would give it a go,at least for the fans.ALSO cant you detune these so called rocket ships speedway bikes or even have a sysyem where you can get the engine in the old upright position if aload to do so.

Ben Barker offered, but the ref said no.

49 minutes ago, stevehone said:

This was at an U23 meeting a couple of weeks ago, the racing was actually pretty good 

Stead didn't want that one called off then?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, stevehone said:

Fair point but I assume that's a very different kind of shale to what Lynn use.

2 hours ago, speedwaysliders said:

If it’s not raining,I don’t understand why they just don’t let the riders go out on their own do a few laps at slow pace and turn the shale over,then look at track conditions.Sweden last night they had to remove shale but after a couple of race the track was decent,certainly no problem for riders.

• Like 1

I wish Buster would buy himself a decent watch he said he needed to do about 20 minutes track work, well it was nearer an hour Buster just loves to get his big boys toys out and he went round so many times i started to get dizzy. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Fair point but I assume that's a very different kind of shale to what Lynn use.

reminded me of Exeter (without the banking), used to plenty of grip there and they loved a large drop of water

• Haha 1