British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn Stars v Sheffield Tigers 19/08/21

3 minutes ago, tyke said:

So 'Alex' can character assassinate 6 of 7 tigers, but KL weren't prepared to stick any of their riders out to prove otherwise :rofl:

He said the Stars riders were fine. What do you want me to say. Was you there. Do you know different.Piss off

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why could'nt both captain's do 4 laps then make a decision. Buster's outrage was probably heat of the moment stuff i would think he might think differently in the morning.

To be fair to the riders it's their necks on the line not Buster's.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Some twit did. Sheffield didn't want any of it.Buster couldn't do any more

They didn't want any of it and that was before Buster got it into better shape.Seems like they had got it into their heads and there was no changing their minds,it worked on the ref too.Disappointed to see Stead wanting it off i remember travelling to Vojens to watch GB race in the WC,it was very wet and he loved it,he didn't want it off that night.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tellboy said:

They didn't want any of it and that was before Buster got it into better shape.Seems like they had got it into their heads and there was no changing their minds,it worked on the ref too.Disappointed to see Stead wanting it off i remember travelling to Vojens to watch GB race in the WC,it was very wet and he loved it,he didn't want it off that night.

That track was good after it was bladed

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

He said the Stars riders were fine. What do you want me to say. Was you there

Nope. But my point still stands. You can't pipe up that the majority of the opposition don't want to ride unless you prove otherwise.

Stick your top 2 out prove that it's rideable, then you can take the high moral ground.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I don't blame Buster for his statement but i do hope he changes his mind.He worked his arse off to get the track rideable(Holder).Pretty sure as the refs went by me(home straight)they said it would be off,that was just as Buster started work on the track.Why didn't they tell him before he worked his arse off,did we expect anything else from the ref.Stead and Howarth was pleased it was off,they didn't half looked shocked though when Buster said what he did.Why couldn't a couple of riders have gone out for a spin to test the track?

Well as you say if the ref already said it was off, not much point having a spin! 

• Like 1

Just now, Bald Bloke said:

That track was good after it was bladed

I know it looked good,i have seen many tracks worse than that and that is standard.It's down to attitudes of riders now unfortunately.As i was speaking to someone coming out.A couple of years ago when the Young England took on a young Danish side it was one of the best matches that season,if not the best,and guess what the track had to be bladed.Difference in attitude of riders.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Well as you say if the ref already said it was off, not much point having a spin! 

Did you get my point as to why Buster was pissed off.

1 minute ago, tellboy said:

Did you get my point as to why Buster was pissed off.

When isn't he pissed off! He should have got 2 riders from each team to agree to have some practice laps after he finished working on it. 

Riders have too much say these days. Holder will be fine in Poland, Batch better pack up for Aus because tracks are closing fast in the UK and they are not helping one bit. 

• Like 5

Best wishes to Buster & family for the future. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

When isn't he pissed off! He should have got 2 riders from each team to agree to have some practice laps after he finished working on it. 

Because 6 Sheffield riders didn’t want to ride.  

• Like 1

If only KL had track covers...

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Once the ref had called it off then there is no point. How do we know they didn't offer to try out.? No point getting sheffield to try it, they'd have ridden like numptys on purpose. 

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

No,you didn't get my point.The refs had made their mind up when Buster had just started putting the track right.Didn't have the decency to stop him before working on the track for about 45 minutes.