British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn Stars v Sheffield Tigers 19/08/21

4 minutes ago, tellboy said:

If you read my post,the ref called it before Buster had finished the track work.So no the riders couldn't go out on the track before it was called off.

and if you read my post, which was a reply to Bald Bloke.

He alludes to previously , the match being called off because 6/7 Tigers riders refused to ride.

Which as you quiet clearly clarify wasn't the case, as the referee called the match off prior to Buster finishing the track work.

The SCB appointed referee thought in his opinion it wasn't fit.

The rights & wrongs of that single person's opinion can be debated thereafter .

17 minutes ago, tyke said:

So do you accept the referee called the match off ?

At any point prior to the referee calling the match off, Alex could have sent any of his riders out to prove that it was rideable ?

Yet you appear to concede that the match was called of because 6/7 Sheffield riders REFUSED to race

Twit

Lynn can't sent out their riders at all. Grow up.It was out of there hands.Where do you come from

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

I was in the stadium from 6.15. Yeah it rained .It cleared .Buster bladed the track and it looked fine. I spoke to Alex and he said 6 out of 7 Tigers riders didn't want to ride. Buster lost his rubbish and said the 2 clubs are for sale. I have a pic of the bladed track on my phone and it was fine

2 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Lynn can't sent out their riders at all. Grow up.It was out of there hands.Where do you come from

Don't allude to the fact that 6/7 Opposition riders had the match called off.

Grow up.

I would suggest Buster makes more money from the Stock Cars in one meeting that he does from the speedway in one month.  Speedway must be a pain in the arsenals to him with all the filthy dirty messing around with track preparation , and the fickle riders who will complain every week about the track being too bumpy too slick too grippy too wet  too dusty too grippy on gate 1. 

Just have the feeling that the 2021 BSPL conference will be one of the most important conferences ever  :-) :-) :-)

2 hours ago, iainb said:

I'll start the bidding £1

Put your money away quick iainb .... you will end up with KL, Peterboro, EB, Brum and Newcastle all for your £1 and  £100's k liabilities to settle.

Tbh when everybody has calmed down a bit... the weather goes with the territory, it's an open air sport in a country with a some what rainy climate. 

It's always happened and it always will. At least there was actual real rain and not called off on a dodgy forecast. 

... but if they did have track covers...

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, old bob at herne bay said:

I would suggest Buster makes more money from the Stock Cars in one meeting that he does from the speedway in one month.  

Even before the demise of Coventry, KL was on the rota to stage the BriSCa Formula 1 World Final. That's their flagship meeting of the year, attracting loads of competitors and a huge crowd. He can't fail to make money on that one. Possibly as much as a whole season of speedway when it gets allocated.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Put your money away quick iainb .... you will end up with KL, Peterboro, EB, Brum and Newcastle all for your £1 and  £100's k liabilities to settle.

I suspect it's Buster Bluster, won't be the first time, won't be the last. My money is staying in my pocket :)

17 minutes ago, tyke said:

Don't allude to the fact that 6/7 Opposition riders had the match called off.

Grow up.

Alex said they didn't want to ride. I spoke to him. Where was you tyke

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leicester Hunter said:

Even before the demise of Coventry, KL was on the rota to stage the BriSCa Formula 1 World Final. That's their flagship meeting of the year, attracting loads of competitors and a huge crowd. He can't fail to make money on that one. Possibly as much as a whole season of speedway when it gets allocated.

I also have it on good authority from a local supplier that the stock car crowd will clear the stock of the Adrian Flux Arena's  burgers and chips every meeting ..... the speedway fans apparemntly have much smaller appetities. All money in the bank for Buster.

• Like 1

Hopefully the situation at Kings Lynn gets sorted.

Maybe the sponsor who took over the Team Manager role could take on the Owner/ Promoter role..

As for the meeting been called off.

Riders don't get to call off meetings, Referee's do.

I watched with my own eyes Kerr arguing and refusing to ride to buster. When The captain is reluctant to ride and 6 of the opposing team were not prepared to ride then poor buster is pissing in the wind. I don’t see why we had to wait an 1 hour just for the teams to say no, they could see the track when buster was preparing! It would’ve been spot on after a few heats 

5 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Just have the feeling that the 2021 BSPL conference will be one of the most important conferences ever  :-) :-) :-)

They say that every year.

6 hours ago, bluebee said:

Ref or riders doesn't matter in the end. I expect that there will still be a forum open when speedway dies in this country with fans arguing about laydowns v uprights.

As an aside (but a relevant one) I wonder how far spectators on average travel to home meetings. I would reckon it's an increasing distance. Last minute rain-offs (I had one at Leicester) really do put fans off, Refs and risers need to seriously consider this.

Eastbourne and Kent are about 45 miles each way for me. Living close to the M25 helps.