British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ghostwalker

SGP Vojens 2021

1 hour ago, Technik said:

Maybe Nicki Pedersen has the right idea. Brace for impact, fall, wait for red lights, get up once exclusion light comes on. walk back to pits with helmet off if he is in the re-run.

sometimes taking a dive is for the best result for the lead rider. It can be said "He could have stayed on" but for what reason? A rider is leading only for a desperate lunge inside him then the charging rider forces him to stand his machine up & head to the fence then watch the other two riders pass as he regains control & continues metres behind.

So many times a rider has to go down for a race to be stopped. So why should a rider ever try to stay on if he believes he has been unfairly passed?

KK when Doyle went under him basically took himself out of the race by having to go so far wide to avoid Doyle hitting him..

Given the speed and angle he hit the bend, Doyle didn't have any control other than the capability to eventually lock the bike up to get around the turn...

If KK hadn't taken avoiding action he would have been wiped out...

But because he didn't fall off, the race continued...

Unfsir riding from Doyle, and should have been punished...

But to be fair, the ref was really poor all night so he wasn't going to spot that....

For the final, if that crash had happened again there wouldn’t have been an air fence there as they didn’t replace that end panel. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rob B said:

For the final, if that crash had happened again there wouldn’t have been an air fence there as they didn’t replace that end panel. 

I noticed that, it looked as if they were going to but decided they didn't need it.

GPs this year must be very depressing, even boring, for all but two of the participants,no matter how well they ride or find the perfect lines they pretty well know as soon as they straighten

up one of the "superstars"is going to open the throttle and sail past,they are both excellent riders but with such superior machinery its not much of a sporting spectacle.things need to change,standard sealed engines for a start,perhaps bring in one of the moto gp heirarchy to sort it all out .

9 minutes ago, eric i said:

I noticed that, it looked as if they were going to but decided they didn't need it.

Yes they replaced the second one, then packed up, then looked like Phil Morris pointed out the end panel was missing and activity started again and a golf buggy thing came out with some on but they decided not to do it. 

9 hours ago, waiheke1 said:

I seem to be in a minority, but  thought it was a decent meeting. Passing in at least half the heats. 

It was better than the rubbish served up at Leicester last night

15 hours ago, iainb said:

Edited by PirateShip

2 hours ago, PirateShip said:

Laguta and Zmarzlik, I'd like Zmarzlik to win the title as I believe he's got that X Factor about him that can take the sport forward, the last being Rickardsson who was pure genius on a bike. 

Unless Tai can recapture his form that led him to make everyone else take second place. Sadly for Tai he rides for a nation that doesn't give it's speedway any significant media coverage to give him the recognition he deserves. 

I agree with you about Zmarzlik, and TRick being the previous genius.
Nothing against Artem, but I'd rather watch Bartek than Artem...Much respect to Artem that he has upped his level this year, though!

As for Tai...He's just not quite there at the moment, but I'm not sure that you can really bash his "nation"...He almost certainly wouldn't have at least one of his World titles without being "from" that nation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, PirateShip said:

Unless Tai can recapture his form that led him to make everyone else take second place. Sadly for Tai he rides for a nation that doesn't give it's speedway any significant media coverage to give him the recognition he deserves. 

I think Speedway Star offers Tai excellent coverage. I have to ask the reverse question, Do you think Tai supports British Speedway?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HenryW said:

I agree with you about Zmarzlik, and TRick being the previous genius.
Nothing against Artem, but I'd rather watch Bartek than Artem...Much respect to Artem that he has upped his level this year, though!

As for Tai...He's just not quite there at the moment, but I'm not sure that you can really bash his "nation"...He almost certainly wouldn't have at least one of his World titles without being "from" that nation.

Bart is sheer Box Office everytime he races you just hope he misses the gate IMO if he were to win the" triple  "it would be amazing I never thought it would be done again  .I used to watch the GP 's on my own but  particularly this year the rest of the family( my son never watched it  on tv before)  watch Bart's races and have become more interested in the sport in general ,isn't that just what's needed .

9 hours ago, PirateShip said:

Glad you enjoyed it :)

On 9/11/2021 at 10:12 PM, mikebv said:

Traditional crap tracks, create traditionally crap racing...

No surprises..

Track was designed by Olsen ? 

12 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Track was designed by Olsen ? 

Said to be based on the old Stoke track which made for some  great racing !

On 9/12/2021 at 4:57 AM, waiheke1 said:

I seem to be in a minority, but  thought it was a decent meeting. Passing in at least half the heats. 

I quite agree..I’ve watched speedway for nearly 50 years and I think people must think that all matches were always filled with overtaking and breathtaking finishes..well they weren’t and often quite dull racing wise ..I was lucky to grow up watching racing every week at Hyde Road so was lucky to see Colins and Morton every week but I also saw quite a few processional meetings there as well and that track was as good as it gets….speedway can be breathtaking and can also be dull, always has been…this meeting wasn’t bad at all.

• Like 7