British Speedway Forum
Baldyman

Ipswich v Wolves. Today I think

34 minutes ago, Badge said:

Be interesting to see what kind of reception Rooboy gets tonight ;)

It'll be the last time we get to see him ride so hmmm.

All riders should get the respect they deserve. 

Anyway surely we will see him again at our individuals before the season is out,,,, the star of anglia,,, 16 lapper, Billy Sanders memorial,,, Golden Sovereign,,, to name a few. 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Crumpie looks like he's got going again. I'd expect around 20 between them if they both ride HT15. Could be a close call.

I am confident Ipswich fans will see a different Jason Crump tonight, now back to something like race fitness, last weekend he did 3 meetings in 3 days, looked a lot different on the bike Tuesday night @ Plymouth. Enjoy tonight's speedway Ipswich & Wolves fans.

4 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

I am confident Ipswich fans will see a different Jason Crump tonight, now back to something like race fitness, last weekend he did 3 meetings in 3 days, looked a lot different on the bike Tuesday night @ Plymouth. Enjoy tonight's speedway Ipswich & Wolves fans.

Crump had that 13 point score at home then went and had that horrible spill at Wolves.He probably came back to soon but the signs are good his race fitness is getting there and next year if he wants to continue will do even better.

3 hours ago, Badge said:

Be interesting to see what kind of reception Rooboy gets tonight ;)

It'll be the last time we get to see him ride so hmmm.

Oh, did he not leave Ipswich on good terms? Well he is my 10yo second fave rider behind Danny King and mainly because his name sounds like slime! :D I'm not even going to get in to explaining to her that they are on oppsing teams tonight, will leave it til she's been attending for a season first before i start confusing her with all the rules!;)

But I will go for a Wolves win especially if Broc continues his form from last night. 

12 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Oh, did he not leave Ipswich on good terms? Well he is my 10yo second fave rider behind Danny King and mainly because his name sounds like slime! :D I'm not even going to get in to explaining to her that they are on oppsing teams tonight, will leave it til she's been attending for a season first before i start confusing her with all the rules!;)

But I will go for a Wolves win especially if Broc continues his form from last night. 

That's what my kid calls him Rory Slime but also calls Cameron Heeps Cameron Creeps maybe should be Cameron Sleeps unless of course he gates haha

• Haha 1

Buster had enough selling Lynn and Peterborough 

Edited by scoobydoo

27 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Buster had enough selling Lynn and Peterborough maybe a bogof job

Overall I don't think that's a good thing for the sport. Who the heck would be interested in buying in the current circumstances.

I can only go on the updates, but it seems a great performance by Leon Flint. Peter Adams always tells  his riders that their job is to beat their opposite number and Flint has done that. In addition to beating Starke and Kemp  he has also beaten  Anders Row and Craig Cook. So all in all a great performance by him.   :)

• Like 9

What is the future for the witches given a poor season, the rumoured sale of Peterborough and Kings Lynn and the possible demise of one or two other tracks. Hopefully the sport can survive but it looks grim for speedway. Has it reached its nadir?

9 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

What is the future for the witches given a poor season, the rumoured sale of Peterborough and Kings Lynn and the possible demise of one or two other tracks. Hopefully the sport can survive but it looks grim for speedway. Has it reached its nadir?

As long as Louis wants to continue then I don’t think there will be a problem with the Witches. There is no suggestion that he has had enough and I would say that attendances have been decent apart from the televised meeting and the last meeting due to the bad weather. Also, no problem with track availability or potential track closure.

As for British speedway after Buster’s announcement, not so sure at the moment. Are we possibly heading for a number of clubs in both leagues disappearing over the winter?

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Let's just say his last appearance at foxhall was errrr rubbish :wink:

Actually was quite sad, he came in to say goodbye to us all.

Back to meeting,  nothing more to say other than we were beaten by a very good team tonight,  they were deserved winners and hopefully take the title. 

45 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

I can only go on the updates, but it seems a great performance by Leon Flint. Peter Adams always tells  his riders that their job is to beat their opposite number and Flint has done that. In addition to beating Starke and Kemp  he has also beaten  Anders Row and Craig Cook. So all in all a great performance by him.   :)

Glad to see him doing well in the Premiership, been Berwicks best rider by a mile this season hope it continues.

• Like 1