British Speedway Forum
Baldyman

Ipswich v Wolves. Today I think

35 minutes ago, JamesB said:

As long as Louis wants to continue then I don’t think there will be a problem with the Witches. There is no suggestion that he has had enough and I would say that attendances have been decent apart from the televised meeting and the last meeting due to the bad weather. Also, no problem with track availability or potential track closure.

As for British speedway after Buster’s announcement, not so sure at the moment. Are we possibly heading for a number of clubs in both leagues disappearing over the winter?

Problems at Eastbourne as I understand it as well. One of either 2 things as I see it. Firstly travel restrictions and polish league restrictions lifted and we get in more foreign riders or secondly we go back to the mid nineties and have one league. 

Like most things is life now speedway is over burdened with regulations and most people just cannot be bothered any more.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Beowulf said:

In the previous match Crump scored 3 and Cook 6. I rather think they will score more than that tonight.

You were saying…..?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, norbold said:

You were saying…..?

As a Wolves fan, obviously happy  that it was a straightforward win for the Wolves. However, it is painful to see a legend such as Crump struggling like this, and in hindsight a wrong decision by Crump and  by Ipswich using 8 points out of the total for Crump. As for Cook it would seem that he should doing much better than he is, but it is known that he 'issues', so only he knows if he is failing or not.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Baldyman said:

You always differ,,, everytime you tip them for the win they lose,,, maybe you should start tipping them to lose,,,,,, it's gonna be a ball tearer :D

In more ways than one

23 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Well we are the best team in Anglia,,, I remember Hawkins saying so,,, just before it all went Pete Tong :rofl:

You might be next season now  maybe its mystic Hawkins 

2 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

You might be next season now  maybe its mystic Hawkins 

I've heard and seen him called a few things,,,, and mystic hasn't been one of them. :lol:

13 hours ago, TB1 said:

Problems at Eastbourne as I understand it as well. One of either 2 things as I see it. Firstly travel restrictions and polish league restrictions lifted and we get in more foreign riders or secondly we go back to the mid nineties and have one league. 

Like most things is life now speedway is over burdened with regulations and most people just cannot be bothered any more.

I can’t see any top foreign riders coming back as they will drain the fragile finances clubs have and probably bring about a quicker end to the sport.

Has anyone fallen on their sword yet at the 'Premiership Champion contenders', to quote a well known phrase or saying from the start of the season?

You are right there,,, been good all season,, and has pulled off a few passes like that. Definitely worth a place next season,,,,, as for the other 6,,,i bet we will see a few of them 

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

You are right there,,, been good all season,, and has pulled off a few passes like that. Definitely worth a place next season,,,,, as for the other 6,,,i bet we will see a few of them 

Heeps has got his average down a treat

• Haha 1

Starke has been good value as well.  At the start of the year Rowe was scoring well but this has changed.  I'd dispense with the others but brings Heeps back as he also has the ability to overtake people, not just gate and go and I think the condition of the track affected him this season.

Rowe started off really well but has tailed off the last month or so, still unsure about Kemp, seems to ride better away from Foxhall, looks hesitant at times and backs off if things get tight.