British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Redcar vs Poole 20/08/21

Near top of the table clash! Redcar have a strength in depth team, so we will have our work cut out in this one. Benjamin Basso's first meeting, so be interesting to see how he gets on.

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Near top of the table clash! Redcar have a strength in depth team, so we will have our work cut out in this one. Benjamin Basso's first meeting, so be interesting to see how he gets on.

We are hardly weak in depth!!!

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I think, Poole have more strength in depth than Redcar, certainly at reserve. I think this gives Poole the edge in this one. If Charles Wright produces his form, from Belle Vue on Monday, then that could make a difference. No home track advantage to speak of.

What is the track at Redcar like?? I mean Redcar are 4th in the table so must have a decent home record! Bearing on mind what you two have said i'll go for within 6 points either way :unsure:

5 hours ago, sidewinder said:

I think, Poole have more strength in depth than Redcar, certainly at reserve. I think this gives Poole the edge in this one. If Charles Wright produces his form, from Belle Vue on Monday, then that could make a difference. No home track advantage to speak of.

I'd disagree about the reserve comment. Both our reserves outscored Hume last week at Redcar. Anders scoring 10.

41 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

What is the track at Redcar like?? I mean Redcar are 4th in the table so must have a decent home record! Bearing on mind what you two have said i'll go for within 6 points either way :unsure:

We've been beaten once at home this year, and one draw. But we've picked up 15 points away!

6 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

I'd disagree about the reserve comment. Both our reserves outscored Hume last week at Redcar. Anders scoring 10.

We've been beaten once at home this year, and one draw. But we've picked up 15 points away!

Ben Cook won his 2 rides when guesting at Redcar before getting injured.

1 hour ago, Marshall07 said:

I hear what you are saying, but I think that the Poole reserves and second strings will be much stronger than Plymouth, (Hume especially when he has a skull and cross bones on his chest),.I really do hope I am wrong though.

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Ben Cook won his 2 rides when guesting at Redcar before getting injured.

Ben was outstanding that night I agree. Hoping he's a little slow coming back from injury if I'm honest haha!

I am making the long trek upto Teesside tomorrow from my base near Southampton. 

Having been several times to the Media Prime arena it's a great racetrack and let's hope for a close meeting with no injuries and of course I'm hoping for a Pirates wi

Having watched the live stream of the Danish League match yesterday, Basso was impressive, and top scored for Fjelsted with 13.

With Ben Cook also successfully returning after injury, Pirates must now be favourites to do the double.

Should be a cracker this - Poole look strong especially if Cook rides as he did on his last visit here. 

If Wright rides like he did on Monday night we may just edge it but looking forward to what should be a great meeting.

On me way up to Redcar, well Middlesbrough as it's closer with train & accommodation. Was up there for the British Under 21 Final a few weeks back. 

Great little set up at Redcar and the track is one of the best. High banking on 3rd 4th bends. Been a few times :t:

Going to be a close meeting with cracking racing. 

Good to see Ben Basso finally over ere & from wot I've seen of him race he certainly battles all the way to the line. Look forward to seeing him make his debut. 

Pirates with all 7 cannons tuned up.......the Bears may be running to the hills! :party:

2 minutes ago, Sherborne Green said:

Can someone advise who if any produce DVDs of Redcars home meetings. Thank you in advance for any information.

Tapes Up Productions