British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

BHM - Aces/Wolves double header.

4 minutes ago, mikebv said:

That's because his eyesight doesnt see that far behind him...:D

Gates with Kurtz in ht 15 didnt look once aces need more than him winning races to win league titles 

• Confused 1

Just now, scoobydoo said:

Gates with Kurtz in ht 15 didnt look once aces need more than him winning races to win league titles 

The others are not good enough.. 

Bewley tonight again gets circa 30% of their points on his own..

Maybe Kurtz at a push could ride with him...

A one man team...

Bewley and Kurtz excellent for Belle Vue apart from the dreaded gate 3 ride….You couldn’t really ask more from Charles Wright and Brennan tried hard but you cannot have 2 of the top 5 perform like Worrall and Etheridge when you haven’t got a race winning reserve and expect to win matches

Edited by Bruiser

Pretty poor meeting sad to say in front of a decent crowd. Usual Monmore fodder with lesser quality riders dialled in and beating visiting riders of a higher calibre. Trick track.

• Haha 1

I thought that Charles Wright had a decent day (especially at home). Seems to have taken his time to recover his form but I think he's getting there. Bewley, Kurtz and Brennan tried hard, but the rest were woeful. 

What has happened to Steve Worrall?

9 minutes ago, mikebv said:

It was a great meeting today at the NSS...

I didn't go but Nigel said so..

Said there were some great races, all "out of the top drawer"...

Pity they chose this as the TV meeting then..

On a track that generally doesnt deliver great racing..

The meeting this morning was good. Pearson didn't need any spin, they should have shown more of it.

Monmore can produce good racing but you need riders who can ride it, such riders are dwindling fast as the bikes get quicker and emphasis is on Poland is the place to be.  Except for the current Wolves septet all the others I'd put in that category currently ride for Peterborough.  Kurtz was much better than I expected tonight, thought he'd ride it like Batchelor does(n't).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Garry1603 said:

I thought that Charles Wright had a decent day (especially at home). Seems to have taken his time to recover his form but I think he's getting there. Bewley, Kurtz and Brennan tried hard, but the rest were woeful. 

He’s not had a bad meeting for Poole this season. Hopefully that will continue on Wednesday. Schlein has been the worry and has had a dip the last month. Priority on winning a title this season is my guess. Let’s be honest it’s a 2 horse race in the premier league.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

1 minute ago, Garry1603 said:

He was fine yesterday! He said he was struggling for power at BV when they interviewed him at Wolves. Wolves is a hard track to ride, maybe he is feeling the pressure too much and isn't he captain  as well? More pressure when you're struggling. 

I have to say, Brady Kurtz's fuel cap is a lovely shade of blue. 

• Haha 2

Wolves playing "We are the Champions"...

Have the rules changed?

It is UK Speedway so since the meeting started it is quite possible.. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, OGT said:

I have to say, Brady Kurtz's fuel cap is a lovely shade of blue. 

And the inner rim of his front wheel...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Wolves playing "We are the Champions"...

Have the rules changed?

It is UK Speedway so since the meeting started it is quite possible.. 

Sounds like the DJ is trying to rub it in, let's hope it doesn't backfire for them! 

8 minutes ago, Col said:

The meeting this morning was good. Pearson didn't need any spin, they should have shown more of it.

Monmore can produce good racing but you need riders who can ride it, such riders are dwindling fast as the bikes get quicker and emphasis is on Poland is the place to be.  Except for the current Wolves septet all the others I'd put in that category currently ride for Peterborough.  Kurtz was much better than I expected tonight, thought he'd ride it like Batchelor does(n't).

When?  It's been garbage all season and has been for years.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

He was fine yesterday! He said he was struggling for power at BV when they interviewed him at Wolves. Wolves is a hard track to ride, maybe he is feeling the pressure too much and isn't he captain  as well? More pressure when you're struggling. 

Maybe you're right and the captaincy is weighing a little heavy on his shoulders for BV. He's certainly struggling at the moment for the Aces, if not elsewhere.