Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, kevin bass said:

Danny King has done a lot more then 4 seasons for Ipswich, after that it's a struggle, Rory Schlien might be on his 4th year at Wolves.

Steve Worrall has been at BV for a fair while too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Josh Auty has been at Scunny for 10 years and is holding a testimonial next year even though it should have been last year and even though he has been binned off by Scunny this year!

Edited by iainb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/20/2021 at 11:18 PM, Bald Bloke said:

How can he.He is about 63:rofl:

Exactly

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thomas Jorgensen since 2018, Erik Riss since 2018, Lewis Kerr since 2010 with 2 years out, Robert Lambert with Lynn 2004-2019, Wolves: Rory Schlein, Kyle Howarth and Sam Masters, Belle Vue ...... there are loads basically, can't be arsed to double check any more ......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not quite comparing apples with apples here though.....

 

Schlein for example has ridden for 4 other clubs in the 4 seasons he's been at Wolves!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Danny Gappmaier has been with Berwick since 2016, and never ridden for anyone else.   There used to be a lot of riders who only rode for one team, sadly not the case nowadays

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, shippy22 said:

Danny Gappmaier has been with Berwick since 2016, and never ridden for anyone else.   There used to be a lot of riders who only rode for one team, sadly not the case nowadays

 

Gappmaier had a very short spell doubling up with Swindon in 2017!

Edited by szkocjasid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Gappmaier had a very short spell doubling up with Swindon in 2017!

Short is a understatement 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, shippy22 said:

Danny Gappmaier has been with Berwick since 2016, and never ridden for anyone else.   There used to be a lot of riders who only rode for one team, sadly not the case nowadays

 

Back in the day yeah riders rode for one team year after year, and a small minority still do now, the question was riders who ride for the same team for 4 yrs or more, it wasn't mentioned it doesn't count if they double up or not, the isn't many riders in the so called top league or don't double up year on year nowadays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The title of this thread becomes ever more relevant as the 2021 season draws to a close.

We have 6 clubs in the Premier League left standing. Of those 6 :-

  • Wolves have announced they will not  run unless there are more than 6 clubs next year
  • P/boro have huge question marks over the Showground development ... although this has been ongoing for years.
  • Kings Lynn have a reluctant speedway promoter who would rather run Stock Cars only.

No sign of new victims to commit to the PL in 2022. Will Wolves pull out ?

We have 9 clubs in the Championship League left standing  ( Kent and Birmingham both without promoters) Of those 9 :-

  • Newcastle seem to have effected a rescue package for 2022 ?
  • Poole's landlords seem reluctant for speedway to continue running at Wimborne Road

On the bright side :-

  • Oxford may be ready to join in 2022
  • Eastbourne may rejoin in 2023

We have  5 clubs in the National Development League left standing

Of those 5:-

one standalone club Mildenhall will surely struggle to run a meaningful fixture list in a league of 5 teams. (The other 4 teams run the NDL as filler fixtures.)

 

A pretty appalling situation for the BSPL to sort out. Are they up to the task of sorting out this mess ?  I hope the weather is good wherever they choose to hold their jolly.

 

 

Edited by old bob at herne bay
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

The title of this thread becomes ever more relevant as the 2021 season draws to a close.

We have 6 clubs in the Premier League left standing. Of those 6 :-

  • Wolves have announced they will not  run unless there are more than 6 clubs next year
  • P/boro have huge question marks over the Showground development ... although this has been ongoing for years.
  • Kings Lynn have a reluctant speedway promoter who would rather run Stock Cars only.

No sign of new victims to commit to the PL in 2022. Will Wolves pull out ?

We have 9 clubs in the Championship League left standing  ( Kent and Birmingham both without promoters) Of those 9 :-

  • Newcastle seem to have effected a rescue package for 2022 ?
  • Poole's landlords seem reluctant for speedway to continue running at Wimborne Road

On the bright side :-

  • Oxford may be ready to join in 2022
  • Eastbourne may rejoin in 2023

We have  5 clubs in the National Development League left standing

Of those 5:-

one standalone club Mildenhall will surely struggle to run a meaningful fixture list in a league of 5 teams. (The other 4 teams run the NDL as filler fixtures.)

 

A pretty appalling situation for the BSPL to sort out. Are they up to the task of sorting out this mess ?  I hope the weather is good wherever they choose to hold their jolly.

 

 

:o It;s not looking good is it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, old bob at herne bay said:

The title of this thread becomes ever more relevant as the 2021 season draws to a close.

We have 6 clubs in the Premier League left standing. Of those 6 :-

  • Wolves have announced they will not  run unless there are more than 6 clubs next year
  • P/boro have huge question marks over the Showground development ... although this has been ongoing for years.
  • Kings Lynn have a reluctant speedway promoter who would rather run Stock Cars only.

No sign of new victims to commit to the PL in 2022. Will Wolves pull out ?

We have 9 clubs in the Championship League left standing  ( Kent and Birmingham both without promoters) Of those 9 :-

  • Newcastle seem to have effected a rescue package for 2022 ?
  • Poole's landlords seem reluctant for speedway to continue running at Wimborne Road

On the bright side :-

  • Oxford may be ready to join in 2022
  • Eastbourne may rejoin in 2023

We have  5 clubs in the National Development League left standing

Of those 5:-

one standalone club Mildenhall will surely struggle to run a meaningful fixture list in a league of 5 teams. (The other 4 teams run the NDL as filler fixtures.)

 

A pretty appalling situation for the BSPL to sort out. Are they up to the task of sorting out this mess ?  I hope the weather is good wherever they choose to hold their jolly.

 

 

Don't forget Peterborough are also up for sale along with KL... and who's going to buy that with the question marks over the EoEA

And are the Manchester United of Speedway (in the 2nd division) still up for sale?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

The title of this thread becomes ever more relevant as the 2021 season draws to a close.

We have 6 clubs in the Premier League left standing. Of those 6 :-

  • Wolves have announced they will not  run unless there are more than 6 clubs next year
  • P/boro have huge question marks over the Showground development ... although this has been ongoing for years.
  • Kings Lynn have a reluctant speedway promoter who would rather run Stock Cars only.

No sign of new victims to commit to the PL in 2022. Will Wolves pull out ?

We have 9 clubs in the Championship League left standing  ( Kent and Birmingham both without promoters) Of those 9 :-

  • Newcastle seem to have effected a rescue package for 2022 ?
  • Poole's landlords seem reluctant for speedway to continue running at Wimborne Road

On the bright side :-

  • Oxford may be ready to join in 2022
  • Eastbourne may rejoin in 2023

We have  5 clubs in the National Development League left standing

Of those 5:-

one standalone club Mildenhall will surely struggle to run a meaningful fixture list in a league of 5 teams. (The other 4 teams run the NDL as filler fixtures.)

 

A pretty appalling situation for the BSPL to sort out. Are they up to the task of sorting out this mess ?  I hope the weather is good wherever they choose to hold their jolly.

 

 

You really need Oxford to come to the tapes and have an 8 team Top Flight and an 8+ team 2nd tier

nobody wants to move up, maybe that suggests the way the championship is the way forward.

Perhaps the top division should be a bit between prem/champ and the 2nd tier could be a bit between champ/ndl

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

You really need Oxford to come to the tapes and have an 8 team Top Flight and an 8+ team 2nd tier

nobody wants to move up, maybe that suggests the way the championship is the way forward.

Perhaps the top division should be a bit between prem/champ and the 2nd tier could be a bit between champ/ndl

 

8 teams only ? At best with meeting each club twice , which was voted out by the majority of clubs in 2017 AGM, add cup fixture or two and a challenge match means only 16-18 home fixtures and a four month season ? That would not be sustainable for most clubs in the championship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy