British Speedway Forum
Old Crusader

22/08/21 1600 Newcastle v Kent (Champ)

Kings have got a days rest to prepare for this one as Berwick is rained off. What's there chances of some more points? Still not off the bottom of the table.

Thread already opened:

8 hours ago, StevePark said:

Thread already opened:

Bowtell in for Freeman ???  Is somebody kidding ???  That cannot be right....and if it is, the rule that allows it is stupid.  Maybe someone can explain it to me ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

Bowtell in for Freeman ???  Is somebody kidding ???  That cannot be right....and if it is, the rule that allows it is stupid.  Maybe someone can explain it to me ?

they build to under points limit 38 with a 3 star i think so can replace him with the same 

Edited by mac101
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mac101 said:

they build to under points limit 38 with a 3 star i think so can replace him with the same 

I never did come to grips with the Star Rider system. It is simply not logical in any way.  Here we see Newcastle bringing in a rider far superior

to their own team member.  Surely that is never what was intended ?   Or was it ?

8 hours ago, East End Fan said:

5 hours ago, East End Fan said:

I never did come to grips with the Star Rider system. It is simply not logical in any way.  Here we see Newcastle bringing in a rider far superior

to their own team member.  Surely that is never what was intended ?   Or was it ?

012.3.1. Rising Star Regulations
Rising Star riders can only compete in 2 leagues at any one time.

Premiership teams shall declare their initial 1-7’s with a Rising Star rider at reserve and will conform to the following points limitation;
1-6 Total average of 35.50 points maximum and will declare a 4* rider or under.
At the commencement of the season, the Rising Star must ride at reserve (No. 6 or 7), at the Team Managers discretion.
Upon the issue of Match Averages, the Rising Star riders Team Position will be determined as per SCB reg. 012.3 (Team Line-ups).

Championship teams shall declare their initial 1-7’s with a Rising Star rider at reserve and will conform to the following points limitations;
1-6 Total average of 38 points or less will declare a 3* rider or under 1-6 Total average of 39 points or less will declare a 2* rider or under
Rising Star riders will remain so for the entire season and can only be replaced in a team declaration by a rider equal to the teams star rating or less at the initial Team Declaration.

Rising Star riders, who as per SCB reg. 012.3 (Team Line-ups), shall move into a team’s 1-5 will be subject to SCB reg. 012.4 (Facilities).

In the event a Rising Star is absent, with a facility permitted, he can be replaced by;
i. any guest rider from the Rising Star list, of that teams initial permitted Team Declaration rating or below, or
ii. Rider Replacement,
at the Team Managers discretion.

Rising Star riders shall compete with a special riding number design denoting they are a Rising Star.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes from track overcast but dry. Rob already at track and was there late last night pumping water off. No more rain forecast.

• Like 1

There seems to be a large and unfair balance in the guest reserves,,do not fancy Kents chances ...The rules are ridiculous...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Kent’s 3 big guns will ensure a close meeting, but the minor places will likely be picked up by the Newcastle gusts. Still they need a home win to maximise their chances of survival …..so hope they get a 2 point win with some good close racing to entertain their crowd. 

God help us if Alf is an example of a “rising star”, he’s been at it 6 years since his debut with Rye House Raiders, and from what I have seen  isn’t going to rise much further. 

24 minutes ago, waco said:

There seems to be a large and unfair balance in the guest reserves,,do not fancy Kents chances ...The rules are ridiculous...

So I'm not the only one to consider this situation as ludicrous. I just hope that some of the promoters who make these damned rules

read this Forum.

• Like 1

These people who actually get paid for these weather predictions are stealing a living… firstly yesterday 2 sites had rain all day, this morning because sun was out first thing it was going to be dry all day… and now because we have had a bit of rain.. one site says dry all day and another says rain 2-3. 

Poor Rob was clearing water off the track last night to try and get the match on, unbelievable effort from a promoter who cares so much about the club.. I can’t believe people are still against him at times.

Fingers crossed it goes ahead 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Kent’s 3 big guns will ensure a close meeting, but the minor places will likely be picked up by the Newcastle gusts. Still they need a home win to maximise their chances of survival …..so hope they get a 2 point win with some good close racing to entertain their crowd. 

God help us if Alf is an example of a “rising star”, he’s been at it 6 years since his debut with Rye House Raiders, and from what I have seen  isn’t going to rise much further. 

Hes been using his rising star talents to better effects elsewhere now hes a family man