British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
teaboy279

Thank you Edinburgh Monarchs

21 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

Just thought I d share what I posted on Facebook this morning about last night.

Massive shout out to the Edinburgh Monachs, staff, fans and management.

Never has a speedway club been so welcoming, with everyone thanking us for coming, doing anything they can to make us welcome.

Stadium owner insisting we stay until close and filling us up with homemade cake. locals plying us with beer, and then doing running races around the track with thier young fans at 11pm....

And even after the taxi never came back to collect me and Kieran, the guy locking  up the stadium took pity on us and drove us to the hotel.

If carlsberg did speedway. .....

These guys are right up their with the IOW Warriors Way.

Glad you enjoyed your trip and hope to see yous all again in the near future.

Even though we don’t own the stadium the owner loves having the speedway. Good guy all be a bit of his head :D

always a highlight after the meeting when the guys and girls from hospitality bring down the left over food, even though it doesn’t help the waistline. Cakes are magic.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

Just thought I d share what I posted on Facebook this morning about last night.

Massive shout out to the Edinburgh Monachs, staff, fans and management.

Never has a speedway club been so welcoming, with everyone thanking us for coming, doing anything they can to make us welcome.

Stadium owner insisting we stay until close and filling us up with homemade cake. locals plying us with beer, and then doing running races around the track with thier young fans at 11pm....

And even after the taxi never came back to collect me and Kieran, the guy locking  up the stadium took pity on us and drove us to the hotel.

If carlsberg did speedway. .....

These guys are right up their with the IOW Warriors Way.

We were down at Kent and you guys made us very welcome too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Endeavour said:

We were down at Kent and you guys made us very welcome too.

This is one of the most heart warming posts I have ever read on this forum.  Surely it is this that sets Speedway apart from all other sports.

Can you imagine this happening at a Soccer match ?  I wish I could have been with Teaboy and the other Kent fans up at Armadale, I feel as if

I have missed a most important meeting of fans.  Thanks to Teaboy and Endeavour for sharing it with the rest of us.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, East End Fan said:

This is one of the most heart warming posts I have ever read on this forum.  Surely it is this that sets Speedway apart from all other sports.

Can you imagine this happening at a Soccer match ?  I wish I could have been with Teaboy and the other Kent fans up at Armadale, I feel as if

I have missed a most important meeting of fans.  Thanks to Teaboy and Endeavour for sharing it with the rest of us.

Next time come visit more than welcome to join us all.