Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Newcastle 25th August 2021

1 minute ago, Trackrat said:

You can hardly use ginge shoveler as a moral yardstick.

My post was still blown completely out of context! 'like he won the race' was just an example of how much cheering the crowd gave him. If I thought it was going to be completely taken the wrong way then I would have used an emoji to empathise the point, but i really didn't think it would be. 

19 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Definitely me

Well, you attack me or the club and I defend myself :)

31 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Definitely wasn't being patronising! I was describing the level of applause the crowd gave him. Shame everyone took my post out of context! 

Phil The Ace has a problem with everything I say so hid isn't surprising. If I said it was sunny, he'd have a problem with that too. 

Edit - see that suggray and SS liked the original post so they get how I meant it! 

thats the way it came across :t:read it again and will see  why :t:never mind onward and upward

1 minute ago, ray c said:

thats the way it came across :t:read it again and will see  why :t:never mind onward and upward

That's the trouble with the written word I guess, you can mean it one way and someone else takes it another. Glad it's cleared up now though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

That's the trouble with the written word I guess, you can mean it one way and someone else takes it another. Glad it's cleared up now though.

Should delete, out of order.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Should delete, out of order.

Should Foxtrot Oscar, well in order :rofl:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Well done archie freeman 

When Poole were at Newcastle he was in a scoring position and fell. Then in the second meeting against Plymouth he led a heat for 3 laps before overcooking it on the first bend, falling and hurting his wrist. Very, very unlucky as I am sure he would have won that heat if he had stayed on. Good for Newcastle in persevering with the lad. One for the future.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

When Poole were at Newcastle he was in a scoring position and fell. Then in the second meeting against Plymouth he led a heat for 3 laps before overcooking it on the first bend, falling and hurting his wrist. Very, very unlucky as I am sure he would have won that heat if he had stayed on. Good for Newcastle in persevering with the lad. One for the future.

He was actually leading the reserve race against Poole and was in a scoring position against Plymouth when falling and hurting his LEG

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Sure he would have kept Sedgmen behind him against Glasgow, but tried do dive under Bailey and came down. 

• Like 1

Why is it that some Poole fans think there is nothing wrong with the track at Wimborne Road? 

• Haha 1

Ride the Waves of Wimborne Road :t:

Pirates don't get seasick but the opposition do! :rofl: :rofl:

Altho Basso on the Gasso may need to hang his head over starboard side for a bit longer by the sounds of it! :approve:

:party:

Edited by PirateShip

47 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

Why is it that some Poole fans think there is nothing wrong with the track at Wimborne Road? 

Only seen Steve try and put a positive spin on it. But yes it must have been very difficult and challenging for the riders last night.

From Poole website, Danny Ford has said:

'Although happy that the Pirates came through this with a victory Poole promoter Dan Ford was disappointed that the track did pose a problem for this meeting, admitting "we can only apologise to everyone that track conditions were far from ideal and did detract from the show tonight as it wasn't the most spectacular meeting. This is an area that we are working on. At the start of the season the track was fantastic but for the past few meetings we have struggled to get it right. It is well know that we have had issues with the track for years now and we are determined to try and resolve it as soon as possible." '

Edited by lisa-colette
typo

2 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Who is the track curator at  Poole ? One of the car park attendants ?

The same guy who did the track at Somerset that everyone raved about

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Only seen Steve try and put a positive spin on it. But yes it must have been very difficult and challenging for the riders last night.

From Poole website, Danny Ford has said:

'Although happy that the Pirates came through this with a victory Poole promoter Dan Ford was disappointed that the track did pose a problem for this meeting, admitting "we can only apologise to everyone that track conditions were far from ideal and did detract from the show tonight as it wasn't the most spectacular meeting. This is an area that we are working on. At the start of the season the track was fantastic but for the past few meetings we have struggled to get it right. It is well know that we have had issues with the track for years now and we are determined to try and resolve it as soon as possible." '

Should employ the services of one Steve Lawson. Sorted the Glasgow track out a treat over the winter

• Like 1