British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Wolverhampton Monday 23rd August

The league leaders are back in town and this eagerly awaited clash should ensure a good crowd.

The weather forecast is good with no forecasted issues and the big news is Danny King guests at no 1 in place of Ulrich Ostergaard.

Teams courtesy of the Evening Telegraph are

Peterborough : Danny King, Bjarne Pedersen, Michael Palm Toft, Scott Nicholls, Chris Harris, Jordan Palin, Hans Andersen.

Wolverhampton : Sam Masters, Broc Nicol, Nick Morris, Luke Becker, Rory Schlein, Ryan Douglas, Leon Flint.

Good news that king guests at 35 he fits in well with dad's army 

Edited by Flappy
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

Douglas at reserve shouldn't be allowed. The reserve spots are designed to help young riders develop.

Teams are abusing the reserve position.

How does Douglas being as reserve for Wolves differ to Andersen or Harris riding in that position for P'boro.

9 minutes ago, kevin bass said:

How does Douglas being as reserve for Wolves differ to Andersen or Harris riding in that position for P'boro.

Troll after nibbles..... 

44 minutes ago, Panthers99 said:

Troll after nibbles..... 

Or somebody making a joke?

1 hour ago, Panthers99 said:

Troll after nibbles..... 

And he gets them every time.

• Like 1

This meeting should be close. Don't think I can even call it! But if I had to I'd go for 47-43 to Pboro.

3 hours ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

Douglas at reserve shouldn't be allowed. The reserve spots are designed to help young riders develop.

Teams are abusing the reserve position.

I assume this is a joke.   Just a very bad one 

4 hours ago, kevin bass said:

First one hooked!

1 hour ago, Lurcher said:

I assume this is a joke.   Just a very bad one 

Made me laugh :D

The Wolves record at Alawalton is very poor. No matter who we have in the 1-7 wins there are rare. However we are in better shape than last time. We had to use R/R for Schlein, sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't. Masters only scored 4 but is currently in a run of reliable scoring. Leon Flint did ride last time scoring 0 , but is now settled in and had a really good score at Ipswich of 10. Still, I think its a Panthers win and I would like a point, but not confident of that.   

As an aside Panthers fans, if you did get first pick in the play-offs, who would you choose ? From our perspective I would choose Sheffield. 

25 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

The Wolves record at Alawalton is very poor. No matter who we have in the 1-7 wins there are rare. However we are in better shape than last time. We had to use R/R for Schlein, sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't. Masters only scored 4 but is currently in a run of reliable scoring. Leon Flint did ride last time scoring 0 , but is now settled in and had a really good score at Ipswich of 10. Still, I think its a Panthers win and I would like a point, but not confident of that.   

As an aside Panthers fans, if you did get first pick in the play-offs, who would you choose ? From our perspective I would choose Sheffield. 

How did the americans do last time? I thought they would find it trickier than Masters!