British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Wolverhampton Monday 23rd August

One idea to make up for the lack of summer nights is running double-headers?

Make it an entire day's worth of activity for the family. You could hire a clown and bouncy castle for the kids.

18 minutes ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

One idea to make up for the lack of summer nights is running double-headers?

Make it an entire day's worth of activity for the family. You could hire a clown and bouncy castle for the kids.

Your hired then:rofl:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, iainb said:

Some calm and measured words from Bluster over the pa was good to hear. He should come on here and vent his spleen as he seems about as powerless as the rest of us to change the sport! 

Sorry I missed the match. Weekdays are a problem. Could you let us all know what Buster said.

Can never understand why some sports owners choose to punish those that get their in plenty of time by making them wait for those that got their late.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, bluebee said:

Sorry I missed the match. Weekdays are a problem. Could you let us all know what Buster said.

To paraphrase him he said he'd had enough of dealing with the riders and was now going to take a back seat at both clubs until "the right buyers come along". He wouldn't be selling either club to anybody he didn't think would be no good for the club. Was full of praise for everybody at Peterborough that make race days happen and special praise for the supporters club.

Couldn't disagree with anything he said really. 

8 minutes ago, marko said:

Can never understand why some sports owners choose to punish those that get their in plenty of time by making them wait for those that got their late.

I couldn't believe the traffic when I got there... I was expecting the place to be heaving when I got in, only it wasn't. Must be a covid spike in Peterborough

Give me elite league speedway over middle tier any day.   Sunday's were good but there was always the Poland issue 

Edited by Flappy
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, marko said:

Not everyone is retired. A lot of people have to finish work.

I'm tied up in Canary Wharf until 6, meaning the earliest I can get to the Showground is 7.30.

• Haha 1

Rider wise I'd love to keep the team together next season, presumably Bjarne will retire as planned. His scores in the championship are far better than the premier League but he's done a very good job this season. 

Ostergaard will be back and rightly so even on that average and then fill the gap. 

How much is Panthers success this season down to Rob Lyon. Its clear to see that all the riders have the ultimate respect for the guy and the team respond accordingly. Team spirit is high and its great that the club are percevering with Jordan Palin. The boy has obviously got talent and needs to be neutered. He will come good. Past seasons Panthers have tended to loose patience with some of their younger riders if they don't immediately produce the goods. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, pleasureboy60 said:

How much is Panthers success this season down to Rob Lyon. Its clear to see that all the riders have the ultimate respect for the guy and the team respond accordingly. Team spirit is high and its great that the club are percevering with Jordan Palin. The boy has obviously got talent and needs to be neutered. He will come good. Past seasons Panthers have tended to loose patience with some of their younger riders if they don't immediately produce the goods. 

I certainly hope Jordan has not been 'neutered'...would make his eyes water!!!!:blink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, marko said:

Maybe because it was the organisation that was the problem. If last night was anything like the Belle Vue meeting there last time it was terrible trying to get in. 2 queues with no indication which queue was what, if wanted to pay on night there was just 2 people with clipboards, if needed change they had to go to hut and get it each time. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

Not everyone is retired. A lot of people have to finish work.

I'm tied up in Canary Wharf until 6, meaning the earliest I can get to the Showground is 7.30.

1 hour 30 minutes to do 92 miles! That's going some considering the time it must take to get out of central London!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

1 hour 30 minutes to do 92 miles! That's going some considering the time it must take to get out of central London!

He`s  got a Gyroplane.