British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Wolverhampton Monday 23rd August

12 minutes ago, Gambo said:

1 hour 30 minutes to do 92 miles! That's going some considering the time it must take to get out of central London!

He travels by his own personal helicopter!

1 hour ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

Not everyone is retired. A lot of people have to finish work.

I'm tied up in Canary Wharf until 6, meaning the earliest I can get to the Showground is 7.30.

You have obviously got a well paid job, if you can afford to be tied up in London !!

1 hour ago, pleasureboy60 said:

The boy has obviously got talent and needs to be neutered

Ah boy the joys of autocorrect! You made my day - I know it doesn't take much these days

1 hour ago, pleasureboy60 said:

How much is Panthers success this season down to Rob Lyon. Its clear to see that all the riders have the ultimate respect for the guy and the team respond accordingly. Team spirit is high and its great that the club are percevering with Jordan Palin. The boy has obviously got talent and needs to be neutered. He will come good. Past seasons Panthers have tended to loose patience with some of their younger riders if they don't immediately produce the goods. 

In answer to your first question quite a lot.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Gambo said:

1 hour 30 minutes to do 92 miles! That's going some considering the time it must take to get out of central London!

Not when someone has a masters degree in complete bollox.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, marko said:

Can never understand why some sports owners choose to punish those that get their in plenty of time by making them wait for those that got their late.

It’s certainly crossed my mind once or twice

• Like 1

1 hour ago, proud panther said:

You have obviously got a well paid job, if you can afford to be tied up in London !!

Should change his name to Max Mosely Fan! :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Last seen on the outskirts of Peterborough Mon 23rd 7.25pm

314 Flying Jet Pack Man Photos - Free & Royalty-Free Stock Photos from  Dreamstime

Edited by Bald Bloke

Rob Lyon is a very good manager. If he wins the league this year, he will join Trevor Swales in all time great Panthers' managers.

Trevor has the edge though in my opinion, purely down to the way he used his double point tactical rides in 2006 vs Reading. He executed them perfectly.

Edited by KeirStarmerFan

Good old KKS, still living in his mothers basement, stealing her wi-fi and paying no rent.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Flappy said:

Give me elite league speedway over middle tier any day.   Sunday's were good but there was always the Poland issue 

Oh I can't disagree more, I'm enjoying the Champ this year. Hoping Poole stick with this league, much more interesting and a lot less repetitive!

• Like 1

Seen little repetitive racing at Panthers this year

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wealdstone said:

Seen little repetitive racing at Panthers this year

Racing as been top notch all season on a well prepared track that's not prepared for home advantage like some I could mention. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Oh I can't disagree more, I'm enjoying the Champ this year. Hoping Poole stick with this league, much more interesting and a lot less repetitive!

We thought that in the Ged Rathbone years, exciting as the big fish but always felt it was second best and the showground needs top flight racing for me.

• Like 4