British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
auntie doris

Your Least Favourite Track

1 hour ago, steve roberts said:

Never a real fan of Indoor meetings although I witnessed two at Wembley and one at the NEC. Telford didn't interest me in the slightest!

I went to the first indoor meeting at the Indoor Pool Wembley, but did not really enjoy it.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, customhouseregular said:

I went to the first indoor meeting at the Indoor Pool Wembley, but did not really enjoy it.

I guess it was very much into the unknown and apparently there were doubts whether the meeting would take place because the morning practice session resembled something akin to "last one standing" and utter carnage!

Edited by steve roberts

2 hours ago, Split said:

The indoor speedway track at Milner Park Johannesburg where meetings were held in the early 80's was so small that riders were virtually into the second bend before they were out of the first. It didn't make for good racing.

Gater's paradise!

2 hours ago, steve roberts said:

I guess it was very much into the unknown and apparently there were doubts whether the meeting would take place because the morning practice session resembled something akin to "last one standing" and utter carnage!

As I recall it was a polished cement surface, like riding on ice without the spikes. I my be mid- remembering though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, customhouseregular said:

As I recall it was a polished cement surface, like riding on ice without the spikes. I my be mid- remembering though.

Yeah - and they used hair spray on the tires to help with grip. Honestly, that South African track made Wembley look big, but at least it had dirt.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, customhouseregular said:

If I recall the tyres left rubber from the tyres on the concrete surface and caused problems for the riders?

On 8/26/2021 at 7:07 PM, steve roberts said:

If I recall the tyres left rubber from the tyres on the concrete surface and caused problems for the riders?

I believe you are correct 

• Thanks 1

On 8/26/2021 at 9:47 PM, cityrebel said:

Newport Somerton Park, Bristol Eastville & Glasgow Craighead Park were three of the worst.

Visited Bristol twice and on both occasions White City should have recorded wins!