British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
waco

kent v Newcastle tues 24th aug 6-30 pm

Well Kent got a great draw at Newcastle so you would expect them to win at home,,but speedway is an unpredictable sport at times..I know Ben Morley blew his best engine at   Edinborough,,that may effect his scoring power on tuesday having been on top form last week at home,,, but we have Dan Gilks and Jake Mudford back and they are proving a solid young reserve paring  ,,With Cameron Heeps improving  each week as his shoulder gets stronger and our big guns consistantly dominating i feel confident we will get the desired result  ..Another exciting meeting is on the cards ,,so dont miss it ...!!

Edited by waco

Diamonds have Tom Brennan as a guest for the injured Matty Wethers.

1 hour ago, StevePark said:

Diamonds have Tom Brennan as a guest for the injured Matty Wethers.

Um, l don't think so, Steve.   Matty (r/r) has been moved to #2 in line-up.

9 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Um, l don't think so, Steve.   Matty (r/r) has been moved to #2 in line-up.

Last I heard was Tom was guesting both tonight (Tuesday) at Kent and tomorrow (Wednesday) at Poole.  I haven't seen that had changed.

Still no preview of the match on the Kent site - is that because Newcastle will arrive largely with a side that could have ridden against Kent two seasons ago in the NDL?! With the visitors fielding pretty much just the one heat leader, me thinks the Kings management will be paying out a shed load after a record win? I'll still be there for my weekly speedway fix, hoping the away team make some gates, but the likely unevenness of the contest does speedway no favours.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hawks 1975 said:

Still no preview of the match on the Kent site - is that because Newcastle will arrive largely with a side that could have ridden against Kent two seasons ago in the NDL?! With the visitors fielding pretty much just the one heat leader, me thinks the Kings management will be paying out a shed load after a record win? I'll still be there for my weekly speedway fix, hoping the away team make some gates, but the likely unevenness of the contest does speedway no favours.  

http://www.kent-speedway.com/news.php?extend.1744.1

23 minutes ago, hawks 1975 said:

60 plus for the Kings tonight?

38 minutes ago, MrP said:

Why no Tom Brennan?

How much difference do you think he would have made? (No offence to TB intended!)

Edited by Terrace Grumbler
Clarification

17 minutes ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

How much difference do you think he would have made? (No offence to TB intended!)

Just wondering why after announcing he was riding why he’s now not. 

15 minutes ago, MrP said:

Just wondering why after announcing he was riding why he’s now not. 

Maybe because he's not in a clubs official declared 1-7..

• Thanks 1

Just now, M.D said:

Maybe because he's not in a clubs official declared 1-7..

Yeah that’s what I’ve just said to my mate. Apparently announced Plymouth home meeting with Eastbourne early September now postponed 

• Like 1

Farcical scenes at Kent tonight. The track looked rough before the start and clearly the riders were unhappy with it. At one stage i thought the meeting was going to be called off. The final straw was letting the kids go out on a tricky surface, which resulted in a tumble for one of the youngsters. A poor advert for the sport, which would have put off any first timers.

• Like 2