British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
waco

kent v Newcastle tues 24th aug 6-30 pm

20 hours ago, East End Fan said:

I love the fact that Hackney Hawk brought a tick list with him to Central Park in order to give marks out of 10.  He clearly didn't notice, bur Central Park is

actually signposted form various points including at the roundabout outside the stadium.  True that this particular meeting was not the best Speedway

I have ever seen.  Still a few good races, though. I cannot understand why no water went onto the track at any time when normally it is a regular feature.

I watched tractors whizzing round the track for no apparent reason for at least half an hour before the start, causing the 1st race over 30 minutes late.

Can anyone tell me what the tractors were doing ?

Come on East End fan....don't just knock other people's posts for the sake of it or if their opinion is different to yours.

I didn't have a ticklist (not sure what your point is here?) I just noticed how poor Speedway has become and how it doesn't resemble any other professional sports or entertainment experience in 2021, unfortunately there were quite a few disappointments

There are a couple of sign posts for the stadium, not enough and not as many as for other sporting stadia and none that mention Speedway

• Like 1

9 hours ago, iainb said:

They Don't pay their taxes but their customer service is unbelievable

The old Newcastle bosses?

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, HackneyHawk said:

Come on East End fan....don't just knock other people's posts for the sake of it or if their opinion is different to yours.

I didn't have a ticklist (not sure what your point is here?) I just noticed how poor Speedway has become and how it doesn't resemble any other professional sports or entertainment experience in 2021, unfortunately there were quite a few disappointments

There are a couple of sign posts for the stadium, not enough and not as many as for other sporting stadia and none that mention Speedway

As it happens, I disagree with you fundametally.   I am not a fan of 5 minutes.  I have been a staunch supporter since just after the War.  At one time

I was privileged to have as my personal friend, the manager/promoter of West Ham.  The result of that friendship, has been my sympathy with managements

and the problems they face that the fans on the terraces have no idea about.   Not that I think all of them are perfect, with only the sport at heart. In fact, over

the years, many of them have proved to be selfish snd short sighted.  However, it is a FACT that the racing I witness week after week is out of the top drawer

and that is what I pay to see. Of course there are from time to time things easy to criticise, but we still see riders genuinely risking their lives in race after

race to entertain us. So for me, facts like poor signposting, or duff programmes, gardening at the gate and poor refereeing are insignificant.  And seeing what 

has just happened at Eastbourne ( sad day), I will continue to pay my money quite happily to help keep Kent Speedway in a prosperous state. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, East End Fan said:

So for me, facts like poor signposting, or duff programmes, gardening at the gate and poor refereeing are insignificant.  And seeing what 

has just happened at Eastbourne ( sad day), I will continue to pay my money quite happily to help keep Kent Speedway in a prosperous state. 

I take your points but with great respect you are not the demographic that we need to capture to ensure that Speedway still exists.  You love Speedway and are loyal to it.

Presentation, advertising, creative solutions, taking the rules of the sport seriously etc are vital for survival

2 hours ago, HackneyHawk said:

I take your points but with great respect you are not the demographic that we need to capture to ensure that Speedway still exists.  You love Speedway and are loyal to it.

Presentation, advertising, creative solutions, taking the rules of the sport seriously etc are vital for survival

Of course there are loads of old Fogies like me, but when I go to Central Park I see any number of children and although I don't take much

notice of it, there is a club for them called the Munchkins.