British Speedway Forum
lewy

Plymouth v Birmingham Tuesday 24 August

All the ingredients for another great meeting i think the reserves from both teams will play a massive part in the final result

10 hours ago, lewy said:

All the ingredients for another great meeting i think the reserves from both teams will play a massive part in the final result

But will you be there to see the action?

17 minutes ago, Petecc said:

But will you be there to see the action?

I will, will you 

PLYMOUTH: Bjarne Pedersen, Dillon Ruml, Zach Cook, Zane Keleher, Jason Crump, Alfie Bowtell, Jason Edwards.
BIRMINGHAM: Erik Riss, Valentin Grobauer, James Shanes, Ashley Morris, Chris Harris, Paco Castagna, Jack Thomas.

My first visit to Plymouth. Me and my eldest are looking forward this.

Up the Brummies. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lewy said:

I will, will you 

Yes . You offered to buy me beer if I ever got to plymouth. However that's not likely to happen this year. May be I can buy you one on Wednesday. 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Petecc said:

Yes . You offered to buy me beer if I ever got to plymouth. However that's not likely to happen this year. May be I can buy you one on Wednesday. 

Would have been a pleasure, unfortunately I won't be at the return match,fingers crossed we can do it next season. :drink:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Deano said:

My first visit to Plymouth. Me and my eldest are looking forward this.

Up the Brummies. 

You will love it, lovely little setting 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ht 14 everyone was screaming put Castagna in place of Morris, what the hell was the manager thinking Grrr.

Morris is the worst in the team for falls and mechanical issues, needs sorting! Thomas second to him.

12 minutes ago, Historian said:

ht 14 everyone was screaming put Castagna in place of Morris, what the hell was the manager thinking Grrr.

Morris is the worst in the team for falls and mechanical issues, needs sorting! Thomas second to him.

Apparently he's brilliant at cutting Laurence Rogers gardenB)

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

You will love it, lovely little setting 

We did thank you. Lots of atmosphere made for an entertaining match. 

• Like 1

Sounded a really entertaining meeting with Plymouth showing great character to come from so far back to win it at the death. I'm sure the return leg at Perry Barr now has an extra edge because Birmingham will be seething at throwing the win away. Should be an excellent contest tonight! 

Another decent crowd and another perfect summers evening to watch it in. The sun blazed down throughout before disappearing behind the copse beyond the flyover.

The track appeared to prove a little difficult for the riders early on, but some remedial work seemed to sort it. The latter half of the meeting it looked really smooth and there was more passing. 

Plymouth certainly have provided excitement and value for money to their fans this season with yet another last heat decider. This time, coming from behind when the Brummies looked certain winners mid meeting. Riss, looking fast and stylish and the battling Castagna looked particularly dangerous and with Chris Harris enjoying his return to the south west, the Brummies looked like running away with it  

Led by the outstanding Crump, this week, the “engine room” provided back up. Pedersen not quite having his gating gloves on this week. It really is a pleasure watching the 3 times world champion once again. Hopefully he will continue next season. I noted his son was assisting him in the pits...an absolute spit of his father with that familiar shock of ginger hair. 

The crowd seemed bigger than usual, undoubtedly swelled by the presence of Harris. He  still remains one of the most exciting riders I have ever seen. He simply never gives up and is one of only a few riders these days that can execute the “dive bomb” inside pass. He did this brilliantly passing Bowtell, and in heat 15, Pedersen. For a second or two it looked possible that he would catch Crump, but his chase ended when Crumpie realised he had Harris on his tail, and he sped away. 

Harris repeatedly acknowledged his young family who were sat in the NHS stand, and he always speaks well on his Centre green interviews. Additionally, he is still a superb team man, and is first out of the pits, sprinting across to team mates that have come to grief. 

Plymouth have a fine set up and deserve the healthy crowds with the financial risks they have taken this season. The slow but sure development of Cook, Bowtell and Ruml have produced a competitive side and the recruitment of the shrewd and experienced Garry May has certainly helped. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, EnglishRoundabout said:

Another decent crowd and another perfect summers evening to watch it in. The sun blazed down throughout before disappearing behind the copse beyond the flyover.

The track appeared to prove a little difficult for the riders early on, but some remedial work seemed to sort it. The latter half of the meeting it looked really smooth and there was more passing. 

Plymouth certainly have provided excitement and value for money to their fans this season with yet another last heat decider. This time, coming from behind when the Brummies looked certain winners mid meeting. Riss, looking fast and stylish and the battling Castagna looked particularly dangerous and with Chris Harris enjoying his return to the south west, the Brummies looked like running away with it  

Led by the outstanding Crump, this week, the “engine room” provided back up. Pedersen not quite having his gating gloves on this week. It really is a pleasure watching the 3 times world champion once again. Hopefully he will continue next season. I noted his son was assisting him in the pits...an absolute spit of his father with that familiar shock of ginger hair. 

The crowd seemed bigger than usual, undoubtedly swelled by the presence of Harris. He  still remains one of the most exciting riders I have ever seen. He simply never gives up and is one of only a few riders these days that can execute the “dive bomb” inside pass. He did this brilliantly passing Bowtell, and in heat 15, Pedersen. For a second or two it looked possible that he would catch Crump, but his chase ended when Crumpie realised he had Harris on his tail, and he sped away. 

Harris repeatedly acknowledged his young family who were sat in the NHS stand, and he always speaks well on his Centre green interviews. Additionally, he is still a superb team man, and is first out of the pits, sprinting across to team mates that have come to grief. 

Plymouth have a fine set up and deserve the healthy crowds with the financial risks they have taken this season. The slow but sure development of Cook, Bowtell and Ruml have produced a competitive side and the recruitment of the shrewd and experienced Garry May has certainly helped. 

Plymouth have surprised me ER they have been terrific value the three guys you mentioned have grown as the season has gone on.Crump is Crump a joy to watch odviously the glory days have gone but next year if he returns ( hope so) he will be stronger.Harris well he is a promoters dream so exciting to watch brilliant with the crowd gives everything.